Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

It's raining....... IN my 08 silvie

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2008, 10:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's raining....... IN my 08 silvie

Just dropped of my 08 Silverado LTZ at the dealer because it is raining out of the side post airbag port. I did not pay for the water bag option though. The sunroof is leaking big time. The dealer looked it up and apparently this is a common problem. My question is has anyone else had this problem and had it fixed at the dealer AND did ONE trip to the dealer fix it or will it happen again? I have duct tape and I'll just tape the sucker up....I hate sunroofs but this truck had everything else I wanted on it.
~Smooth&WET08LTZ
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: It's raining....... IN my 08 silvie

I had the same exact problem in my '07 LTZ. I had water coming in through the dome light and on the side airbag location. They told me it was a common problem as well and they fixed it in a few hours. They had to re-route a drain. I haven't had a problem since. I'm wondering if they should issue a recall since my neighbor up the street had the same problem as well...
Old May 15th, 2008, 1:01 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The leak can be caused by a number of things (all minor) a half way decent technician can resolve the issue in an hour or two on the first attempt.
Be sure to ask that that any water stained or damaged items (such as the headliner) be replaced as well.
Old May 15th, 2008, 3:37 PM
CF Active Member

My 07 LTZ has 14000 miles w/side air bags & Sunroof & is dry as a bone.
Old May 16th, 2008, 3:04 AM
CF Junior Member

I went through a carwash in my '07 after a trip to wal-mart and i could hear a sound from one of the bags in the back seat like something was dripping on it. I had water leaking in through the back corner of the roof on the passenger side. I brought it to the dealer and they confirmed it was the dome light being sealed improperly. They disassembled it, cleaned it up, resealed it and tested with a pressure washer and it was smooth sailing afterwards. No more leak.
Old May 17th, 2008, 11:51 PM
CF Junior Member

I went thru 3 failed attempts before my sunroof leak was fixed properly, on the 4th I had the shop foreman,service center manager, and the sales manager and stated my problem. At that time the latest TSB was out and along with the drivers side mirror,[3rd time], it was repaired correctly. My main lastest issue is with the thin paint on the truck.
Old May 20th, 2008, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

Got my silvie back yesterday but I havent checked for leaks yet but they sure F'ed up the headliner with grease monkey paw prints! That took another hour before they got it clean enough for my taste. I did notice that the drivers side mirror is grawling when I fold it in via the button. AND some *** door dinged me at Lowes. Think I'll put her in the garage before a meteor hits it.