Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 2:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

Lift Kit for 98 Silverado Z71

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2008, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Kit for 98 Silverado Z71

For those with a mild lift on theirSilverado's,I would like to talk to some folks who have done either a tortion bar key lift or an upper control arm lift up front. The rear will be an add a leaf.

I am interested in doing just a slight lift on my Z71, but have no idea what the implications are with either option. The tortion bar keys are cheaper, but is it worth the money to spend on an upper control arm lift? How is the ride on a key lift vs an upper control arm lift?

I can get a key and add a leaf kit with shocks for $650 installed at a local shop, or...

I could buy the key, leafs and shocksfor around $500 and do it myself, or...

I can get an upper control arm lift WITHOUT shocks for $599,buy shocks and either pay for the install or do it myself.

I'm leanding towards the key route, but wanted to find out what everyone has done and how it has worked out for them. Thanks!

Jason
97 Silverado Z71
Hampton Roads, VA
Old March 29th, 2008, 6:21 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lift Kit for 98 Silverado Z71

Hey Jay, I did a 4" rancho suspension lift on mine and did the 9000 adjustable shocks and it rides smoother than before I did it but I cant help you with the kind of lift your looking to do but Im sure someone will soon. Good luck.