Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Lil more lift

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2010, 8:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lil more lift

I've already put a levelin kit and rear blocks and upgraded to 33x12.5x20 but I still want my truck to sit up another 2 in. or so.. is there a 2 in. suspenion lift or is that basically the leveling kit? And if not what size body lifts are made for a 01 Silverado 1500 z71?
Old February 14th, 2010, 9:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.roughcountry.com/body_lift_kits-chevy.html
looks like they only have the 3" on this site but i'd check around befor u go and order from RC..they are a bit expensive but they are cheaper in other parts if u know what i mean.. jegs..summit racing.. skyjacker...just a few to check.. but i do believe u can get 1"-3" body lift
Old February 15th, 2010, 6:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey whats up Country,
Body lifts are alright, but in the long run can cause some major frame rust. If u do decide to use a body lift i would recomend really preping ur frame with some rust stuff (PR-something??). summit does sell a suspension lift for a little more $$. And u also won't have nasty gaps like the body lifts.
Old February 15th, 2010, 1:57 PM
Super Moderator

the suspension lift from will bring it how much? I don't want to go to high because i've already got 33s so don't want it to look like my tires are to small
Old February 16th, 2010, 5:48 AM
CF Beginner

about $1000. yea i know its much but its worth it. and that 4" to 6". You'll be buyin new tires soon any way... (toyos are horrible).

Or you could always crank your torsion keys and add a leaf. Just watch your alignment.
Old February 16th, 2010, 1:47 PM
Super Moderator

well i found a 2 in. lift system from superlift and it's not the torsion key lift..it has actual lift components but I want to know if I can use them along with the torsion key lift or would I have to take out the keys?
Old February 18th, 2010, 6:23 AM
CF Beginner

What components does it come with?? And no i don't think you'll have to remove your keys. (pretty sure with any application they stay in bc of their purpose)
Old February 18th, 2010, 8:37 AM
CF Active Member

Can he do coil overs?
Old February 19th, 2010, 6:17 AM
CF Beginner

Chevy haven't used coils for awhile. i think maybe 70s they did or even earlier then that. Your torsion bars/keys are your "coils".

Please any one correct me if im wrong.
Old February 19th, 2010, 9:01 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by BARTS4X4
Chevy haven't used coils for awhile. i think maybe 70s they did or even earlier then that. Your torsion bars/keys are your "coils".

Please any one correct me if im wrong.
I thought Fabtech Made a coil over kit for it where you can put springs in. I was looking at them for my truck unless I was looking at them wrong. I have ordered the wrong stuff off the internet before so I may be

Quick Reply: Lil more lift