Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Line X advice

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line X advice

Ijust got a line x bed liner installed. After i got it home i noticed a few discrepancies. Their is a relitivly large run along the front of the box and a smaller one on the right side. Also it looks like he used a pocket knife to clean out the holes in my bed butcut too deep and went to bare metal in a few places. i am just looking for some feed back from people with knowledge on this subject. This was the first thingi have done tomy 07NBS 5.3 Z71 and i do notfeel good about the results. Is it going to be worth the trouble to try to get it fixed or should i just leave it be?
Old March 17th, 2008, 1:48 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Line X advice

Welcome to the forum!!! If he did that bad of a job I would have him fix it (for free)or get some of your money back and have someone else do a better job. Did he give you any kind ofgaurantee?
Old March 17th, 2008, 3:32 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

The only way to really fix a run in linex is heat. The procedure it heating, removing the spot and re-applying.
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:47 PM
CF Senior Member

I would 100% without a doubt have him redo it or fix it until its perfect in your eyes, your paying a high price for whats supposed to be a quality product! I had the same problem, They rushed through mine to try and beat the rain, thats what they told me, I made them re-fix it twice. They even sprayed rhino-liner on my paint (the outside), thats sloppy work, but cost them in the end to fix it. Make em fix it!!!
Old March 18th, 2008, 7:31 AM
CF Junior Member

yea i have line-x and it came out awesome, you have a 100% warranty for life on the liner, you should definately take it back and have them touch up the spots, they have a cold compound that they use for touch up, and if its bad enough, i would make them re-spray it. if you need to, you can always contact line-x directly to report a problem if the guy is not willing to fix it.
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:35 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let us know how it works out. Other than that does anyone have any feedback on their liner? I dont have one yet but was thinking about adding it.
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:42 PM
CF Active Member

My brother used to install bed liners and I know if it wasn't perfect he would have to redo it. I say go back and say fix it or you want your money back.
Old March 19th, 2008, 6:27 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you all for your responses. I am going back so he can look at it. I am sure it is not the product. The parts that are done right look great. Line X seems like a really good liner when installed properly. I do think it was just a rush job to get it done. I was almost going to just accept it but your right im paying my hard-earned money for a product that is supposed to be professionally installed.
Old March 20th, 2008, 8:14 PM
CF Senior Member

I had LineX in my ford, now I have a RhinoLiner, to me their both the same, after a while they fade and black stuff rubs off on whatever touches it. But they do their job!