Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Looking for a source for replacement seats 1989 C2500

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2020, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a source for replacement seats 1989 C2500

I have a 1989 C2500 with a vinyl bench seat. it is most uncomfortable, and starting to deteriorate.
My google-fu is not serving me very well. I have found a couple of options most of which are very pricey.
This =MODEL|C2500]site has replacement seats of the style I would like but the price is rather high. Is this the going rate for new seats?

Does anyone have a source of new or refrubished seats to share?

an alternate type of seat I would be open to is the split bench, and if nothing else I could re-upholster.

Last edited by flinx; December 17th, 2020 at 8:15 AM.
Old December 17th, 2020, 11:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes , those Cerullo seats are stupid expensive

Funny you should ask , every time I search truck parts locally here in Ontario Canada on Kiji I often get
an ad from a reuphostery company on Etsy that makes good looking custom seat covers that turns out to be a company in Arizona
B62 upholstery jobs look good online and their prices in Canadian dollars are way cheap

I would drive a 500 miles to go pick up a seat from someone that would guarantee and show good pictures
of a bench for $400 , obviously with today's covid I'm not even driving to the corner store since
we're in lockdown but luckily chevy/gmc bench seats are quite common
the trick is finding one in good shape and in the right colour

I've sat in the centre seat of those split benches and I would rather take a ride in the box anyday
since they are very uncomfortable
They are great for 2 people , only on very long trips to store a pile of crap while travelling ,
but a DIY custom built removable centre arm rest with storage and cup holders is just as useful

I've always liked the fact that with a solid back bench seat by tilting the back section forward I get to see if what I'm looking for is behind the seat while I'm working in the back 40 on my own

Bench seats tend to wear and rip because short people like me will slide off the seat while climbing out of the cab and the bench corners have to take all the abuse
I've installed step boards in my trucks to also avoid ripping out the steering column
as I was always using the steering wheel to pull myself up onto the seat ....ehehe

One day while at my cousin's semi's shop I noticed a few benches lined up against a wall collecting dust
sure enough one was blue and identical to the one in my 86 one ton , so I now have a new seat that
cost me a case of beer for all the mechanics

I've never checked the size and bolt pattern in my 96 to see if indeed they will fit the same seats .....

Cheers ...... Vinny

Last edited by vinman; December 18th, 2020 at 12:01 AM.
Old December 18th, 2020, 7:26 AM
CF Beginner

That's very interesting about B62 upholstery. They do not show up in search results because there is nothing on their site that says they make chevy truck seat upholstery. They also don't say what the material for their seats are made of (except on the main page) and their FAQ page contains gibberish. very strange https://b62upholstery.com/

The truck we have would only be used by my wife and I so a middle seat is mostly irrelevant. I do have one of those belt in center arm rest thingies in it now.
Old December 18th, 2020, 10:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Yes , funny indeed that I'm in Canada and I get their ads and you right there in AZ didn't know the place existed

That's what's great about forums and sharing info .....ehehe

Their website is indeed kind of wonky , when I visited the sight yesterday there's was nothing I could find
specifying what currency their prices are in , in the ads we get up here their covers seem to average at
about $500 Canadian , but on their site they are also in that price range but they don't specify if the sum
is in US dollars and of course we all know that $500 Canadian is a lot less then $500 US

Accordingly theirs are not just covers that you put on top of your existing seat
but actual covers to be installed once the original OEM seat covers for the bottom and the
back section of the seat are removed

On my '86 and '96 the rear back section is very easy to separate from the bottom section of the seat
by undoing 2 bolts , one on either side
Once the 2 sections are separated it should be easy to remove the clips that hold
the original OEM seat cover and install the new covers
I would definitely order the ones with the full back as specified on the site

If and when the current situation makes life bearable again and you get a chance to
take a 2 hour drive down to Tucson , I would appreciate a report on what their business
is all about so if and when we get to vacation in AZ again like we used to years ago
we might drop in and get some custom covers ordered for some of our rides

By the way what colour is your seat / interior ?

I think the only difference between the bench on my '86 and my '96 are the
floor mounting brackets since the floor pan is different

Cheers ..... Vinny
Old December 19th, 2020, 7:30 AM
CF Beginner

My seats are blue not sure what shade exactly but darker than the truck. It's not likely that I would drive to tucson to get them. It may be weeks or months before I make a decision on what exactly I will be doing. I have been thinking of doing this for more than a year.
Old December 20th, 2020, 11:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Either way , do come back and post what you eventually find in the future

Both my trucks have dark blue benches , they are quite common in that colour

Cheers ...... Vinny