Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Loudest Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Loudest Exhausts

Im currently doing a little research on what some really loud exhausts are. I heard the Flowmaster Super 40's Series are really loud, the loudest they make. Cherry Bomb Extreme Muffler or just a Glass Pack are really loud too. What do you guys think the best sounding exhausts are that are nice and loud, but have a nice tone as well. Im talking full system, headers, cats, and muffler/glasspack. Right now I currently run a Thrush Turbo single in, single out muffler and you cant really hear a thing.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i run glasspacks on my truck....true duals with 2 12 inch glasspacks and its only loud when you really just get on the gas other than that its not to loud just ridin around town. But when you do mash the pedal its loud lol
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
CF Junior Member

I always thought glasspacks are illegal, doesnt mean you cant put them on but I thought it had to be an older truck.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nah they aren't illegal...dependin on the length of the glasspack maybe. The shorter you get them the louder they are. The shortest i've seen them was a 8 in.

My dad has the same setup on his 07 vmax and they're loud as hell
Old June 3rd, 2010, 5:36 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flowmaster has a single chamber delta flow muffler, its sold as a racing muffler my buddy has one on his camaro dual in sigle out and it souds pretty nasty and its loud at idle too.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 8:32 PM
CF Veteran

i have something similar to what 72c10gunn. its a flowmaster single chamber single in dual out race muffler. it is pretty loud at idle. and loud at all rpm ranges. its especially loud at the higher rpms. at 2000 rpms is the tone i like best cuz its a steady tone. http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/se...orce&sc3=&sc4=
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:05 AM
CF Junior Member

Hmm I have single in single out now Thrush Turbo Muffler and its as quiet as stock. Cherry bombs has the extreme with is single in/ duel out that is short for racing only. Its hard to say I hang with a bunch of loud trucks and really loud Subaru's so I dont think a cop is going to pinpoint me out either. My freind works down at the shop and he puts muck-up Flowmasters and they sound pretty good but I have the 4.3 so nothing is really going to be to loud.
Old June 4th, 2010, 10:08 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks for the link they have all the sizes I need, and again I tihnk its the length you get the actual muffler that makes it louder or quieter. Im wondering if it still has the "Flowmaster Rumble" like on the 40's or 44's but just louder all the way through.
Old June 4th, 2010, 1:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 4.3 v6 in my truck and you can hear this thing idling from in the house. it has a single in and out 2 1/2 inch flowmaster 40 series without the cat and everything. loud at idle and reeallly loud when you mash the gas.
Old June 4th, 2010, 2:50 PM
CF Veteran

your welcome. it has a nice rumble to it. i have dual pane windows in my house and can still hear my exhaust from inside.
Originally Posted by SilveradoShane413
Thanks for the link they have all the sizes I need, and again I tihnk its the length you get the actual muffler that makes it louder or quieter. Im wondering if it still has the "Flowmaster Rumble" like on the 40's or 44's but just louder all the way through.

Quick Reply: Loudest Exhausts