Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Lowering Kit QUestion

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2009, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Kit QUestion

I own a 2007 chevy silverado (late model) and love it. I installed a DJM lowering kit on both ends. Lowered rear by 3" and front by 2". My question relates to the front. Just looking for an opinon. The front kit entailed replacing the lower control arm which permits the spring / shock to sit lower thus lowering the overall front end. The control arm is also a slightly different length to permit correct geometry in the lower stance. My question, I can see a space between the control arm bushing on the front mount and the frame mount. It is not a large space but enough that I can see the inner steel shaft between the bushing and the mount. I would think that this would permit some front to rear movement as well as permit dirt and grime to enter. When I sent note to DJM they did not indicate a problem. Would you think this acceptable? Any thooughts out there?