Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Making holes in bedliner for cap

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2011, 9:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making holes in bedliner for cap

I'm in a little dilemma.
I have a 1990 Silverado with an 8 foot bed - and currently have a nice Leer Cap sitting on top of it (with bedliner in the bed).
I have the clamps to hold down the cap - but no holes in the bedliner for the clamps.
Since I have no one to assist me to slide off the bedliner and Cap - I would like to know if anyone can give me the dimensions from the top rail down past the lip of the rail - PLUS how far in from the back tail lights and from the front of the bed - so I can drill my holes through the bedliner without sliding both Cap and bedliner by myself (which I can't - it's to heavy).
So if anyone knows the dimensions or can gear me to a schematic drawing of the 1990 Silverado with 8 foot bed - I'd greatly appreciate it.
If it was an old work truck like I'm driving now (not the same) I wouldn't care - but I like this Silverado and would like to keep it that way.
Thanks guys...
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:41 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe they also make a C-Clamp style clamp for caps. But if you have the cap already couldn't you just flip it upside down and get your pattren?