Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

mass air sensor

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2007, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mass air sensor

I've got a 1997 Silverado Z-71 with a 350. Installed on the motor is a A&M brute air force air induction, Edelbrock headers, Magnaflow exhaust and MSD plug wires. I decided to purchase a GMS high performance mass air flow sensor to add to the hp. Purchased it at Jegs and installed in no time. Unfortunately I had the notorious 'service light' so I plugged my Solus in and found I had 2 codes - both banks running lean. Called the help line and the tech told me to disconnect the battery so the computer could reset. Disconnected and waited eight hours, reconnected and had same codes. Disappointed I had to return. Can't figure out why I'm getting codes. Fuel pressure was tested (52 psi) which is within spec. Do I need to reprogram computer to adjust fuel/air mix or need a new fuel pressure regulator? Want to repurchase to get more hp! Enough of the honda 4 bangers with over-sized mufflers. Love to put them in their place - in my rear view. Thanks. Tom
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: mass air sensor

theirs another way to reset codes, something with the ignition and the gas pedal i can't remember right now
Old April 21st, 2007, 6:05 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: mass air sensor

I could be wrong but that shouldn't have enough of an effect to make you have to reprogram the computer. The biggest difference between that one and a factory one is that the screen is gone.
When was the last time you changed your fuel filter?