Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Missing In Action

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2011, 7:37 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

unfortunately I don't have that kind of dollars. I would have to either junkyard the parts or just replace the bad injector. not the right way but it will have to do. this economy is killin me.

SeaFoam went into the tank tonite...the plot thickens. more later...

Last edited by 96 Junk That Moves; September 12th, 2011 at 7:40 PM. Reason: more info
Old September 13th, 2011, 2:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yea, sticky poppet or weak intake valve spring #7 cylinder. Sea Foam should work for a bit to un gunkify some stuff I think.
Old September 13th, 2011, 5:17 PM
CF Active Member

Sean you are right,that updated spyder is the way to go! seafoam seems to do the trick for now runs strong.

RacerX I don't think it's a weak valve spring cause it has good compression and it is such an intermintant miss. I gonna go with the sticking poppet valve idea and see what happens.

Thank you all for your help and patience with a "newbie"
Old September 18th, 2011, 5:10 AM
CF Active Member

Well the tale continues...It's been a week with the "Seafoam" in thr gas tank. Truck is running very good but the SES lite stays on? I can diconnect the battery and clear the code ( misfire #7 cly.) but after about 1 hr. of continues driving it comes back on.
I am at a complete loss at this point. I think I'm gonna go to the pick n pay yard and get an ECM and try that...Thoughts PLEASE!
Old September 18th, 2011, 7:24 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by 96 Junk That Moves
Well the tale continues...It's been a week with the "Seafoam" in thr gas tank. Truck is running very good but the SES lite stays on? I can diconnect the battery and clear the code ( misfire #7 cly.) but after about 1 hr. of continues driving it comes back on.
I am at a complete loss at this point. I think I'm gonna go to the pick n pay yard and get an ECM and try that...Thoughts PLEASE!
I wouldn't change the computer. If anything I'd replace the PCM.
Old September 18th, 2011, 4:24 PM
CF Senior Member

i bought a 87 F-150 that sat for some time and the injectors were gummed up idled really rough i ran the old gas out and put in a 5 gallon can of fuel with a can of seafoam and two bottles of techron in it after a couple of minuets of idleing it started to smoke a little that told me it was going thru the injectors then i took it and drove it like i stold it untill it got to near empty(didn't take very long to burn thru 5 gallons) then filled it back up and it idled alot better and ran better might be some thing to try make sure you run it down to empty then put the 5 gallon mix in it

Sean

97 4x4 burb
Old September 18th, 2011, 4:30 PM
CF Active Member

I thought the PCM or the ECM were one in the same ? My Haynes manuel shows the PCM as the computer .What am I missing?

Junk
Old September 18th, 2011, 4:35 PM
CF Active Member

I'm partial to seafoam and MMM. I'm going to try a mixture of that. I really don't want to over do the chemicals . Sometimes they can do more damage than good. This truck is my daily and only means of transportation. I've got to be careful as it has 256k on it and I can't afford for it to die.

Junk
Old September 18th, 2011, 4:45 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by 96 Junk That Moves
I thought the PCM or the ECM were one in the same ? My Haynes manuel shows the PCM as the computer .What am I missing?

Junk
No. The pcm is controlled to and from the ECM. PCM controls the ignition, and injectord (powertrain control module) RARELY is there an issue with the ECM unless you change major things, like engines.
Old September 18th, 2011, 7:08 PM
CF Active Member

OK now I know. Thanks

Quick Reply: Missing In Action