Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

More A/C problems

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2010, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More A/C problems

I have a 04 Z-71 with intermittent A/C issues that continues to get worse. It has the non dig, dual control.

The problem seems to be two-fold. First the drivers side a/c only works sometimes while the passenger side seems to work fine all the time. Secondly the drivers side seems to have a reduced flow, sometimes almost no flow while the passenger side blows strong.

I searched the Chilton Manuel i have and it was lacking in any useful information.

I also searched the net and found alot of issues with the door blend actuators. I read alot of similar issues to mine. So I figured i had it.

I started by removing the drivers (i think) door blend actuator (DBA for short). I think it is the one that is on the bottom in the center below the control panel.

I moved the door by hand and it rotated easily so i started the truck and played with it. I found that by rotating it one way the passenger side blew hard and turning it the other caused the driver side to blow hard.

I plugged the DBA in and it rotated all the way in one direction and no mater what i did it would not rotate back theother way. I opened the DBA up and checked for damaged gears but they looked good. So I re centered the rotator and plugged it back in with the cover off with the same result.

I decided that if i unplugged the small motor and centered the rotator it would fix it right? Wrong. It did blow evenly but the drivers side still blew hot air while the passengers blew cold.

What am I missing here? Thanks guys.

Last edited by sdelam; March 21st, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

bump, anybody have similar issues?
Old March 27th, 2010, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the door blend actuator cable? I'd like to know if it is the actuator or the control panel.