Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Problems, Problems and MORE problems.

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2015, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Problems, Problems and MORE problems.

Hey all, new here, but this has been the month that I definitely should have joined earlier. About 3 weeks ago, My car decided it didn't want to restart in my daughter's school parking lot. So with the help of my neighbor, we determined it was the starter. Went out, bought a new one to have him help fix and went about our business. My neighbor went to fix it only to find that the flywheel was missing 22 teeth and also needed to be replaced. So off to the mechanics we took it. He got ahold of it and tried to fix the flywheel and starter only to find that the eaten teeth of the flywheel had destroyed the transmission. Fixed That, mind you we're going on 2.5 weeks at this point. Finally get it back last Saturday only to have it do some weird thing where it felt like the entire front end was going to fall off and this horrible shudder and grinding sound coming from underneath. Back to the mechanic and he thought it might be the stabliltrack sensors gone bad. So he cleaned them and we tried again, no luck, the light still came on and was saying service stabilitrack and service traction control and that god awful shuddering grinding thing. So he had me take it to the guy that the transmission came from and had him look at it. Turns out half the bolts weren't tightened all the way so that might have been the cause fot the shuddering stablitrack thing. Only to have it for less than 24 hr before it was acting up again. Called the guy who told me to monitor it since they were closed for the night and every time it did it, take note of the situation and text him. I'm at my wits end. All I keep coming across stablitrack issues and traction issues with this car and I don't know how much more money I truly can put into it without feeling like I've paid more for the mechanic to have it than my car is actually worth. Has anyone successfully found an answer for this stabilitrack nightmare? I don't have the sudden loss of power like is described on a lot of these pages, but the shuddering thing scares the bejesus out of me and my kids and I truly no longer feel comfortable driving this car.. Any help?

Last edited by Mom2ThreeACG; May 29th, 2015 at 4:48 PM.
Old May 30th, 2015, 9:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Helps to give details on year and mileage, also I recommend to use a Chevrolet dealer on these type of repairs, it maybe more expensive at times up front but it is easier to get completed and they honor their work better. At they may also be able to help find if any of the parts are covered on a warranty.
Old May 30th, 2015, 9:24 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mom2ThreeACG
Hey all, new here, but this has been the month that I definitely should have joined earlier. About 3 weeks ago, My car decided it didn't want to restart in my daughter's school parking lot. So with the help of my neighbor, we determined it was the starter. Went out, bought a new one to have him help fix and went about our business. My neighbor went to fix it only to find that the flywheel was missing 22 teeth and also needed to be replaced. So off to the mechanics we took it. He got ahold of it and tried to fix the flywheel and starter only to find that the eaten teeth of the flywheel had destroyed the transmission. Fixed That, mind you we're going on 2.5 weeks at this point. Finally get it back last Saturday only to have it do some weird thing where it felt like the entire front end was going to fall off and this horrible shudder and grinding sound coming from underneath. Back to the mechanic and he thought it might be the stabliltrack sensors gone bad. So he cleaned them and we tried again, no luck, the light still came on and was saying service stabilitrack and service traction control and that god awful shuddering grinding thing. So he had me take it to the guy that the transmission came from and had him look at it. Turns out half the bolts weren't tightened all the way so that might have been the cause fot the shuddering stablitrack thing. Only to have it for less than 24 hr before it was acting up again. Called the guy who told me to monitor it since they were closed for the night and every time it did it, take note of the situation and text him. I'm at my wits end. All I keep coming across stablitrack issues and traction issues with this car and I don't know how much more money I truly can put into it without feeling like I've paid more for the mechanic to have it than my car is actually worth. Has anyone successfully found an answer for this stabilitrack nightmare? I don't have the sudden loss of power like is described on a lot of these pages, but the shuddering thing scares the bejesus out of me and my kids and I truly no longer feel comfortable driving this car.. Any help?
Hello there,

We truly understand how frustrating this may seem for you, and we apologize for these concern with your vehicle. We would be happy to look into this further for you and get in touch with the dealership. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to providing any additional assistance.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 1st, 2015, 9:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mom2ThreeACG
I added some bolding.. So--And who are you blaming for this? GM? Your mechanic? Your lack of maintenance?

Answer the other guy - what year and mileage.
Old June 7th, 2015, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Why won't the ac recharge hose fitting fit on the low side service port? 2010 traverse.
Old March 12th, 2018, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Radio problem.

I have a 1997 GMC Sierra c 1500. I don’t drive be it very often, over a year ago the battery was completely shot. I tried to jump it and it wouldn’t even hold a charge. In the process I heard some sort of poof. I checked the terminals and everything was hooked up correctly and I’m not a total rookie. I replaced the battery and just my radio has not worked since. I thought maybe I fried the radio, so I have tried an after market radio and recently bought another factory radio with no luck. All the fuses I see are good. Is there a control module I blew for this year or a relay or something? I don’t get it. Any ideas would help?