Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

My 2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2010, 4:20 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71

Just figured I would start a thread showing my truck when I first got it and just a few little things I've done to it and future work I am going to do. Hope ya'll enjoy and thanks for looking.

- This is what the truck looked like when I first got it.

I went ahead and ordered some new Z71 decals off craigslist to replace the original. (Tip... If your going to try to take off the old ones make sure its warm out side or have like a hair dryer. It took me about a hour to get the first one off cause it kept breaking off in little pieces)

I did the exhaust after that. I just cut the muffler off and ran a 3' pipe with a 45 degree turn down so its tucked up underneath. I have broke to pinched to many exhaust tips on previous trucks out playin in the mud and decided this would be best. Surprisingly the truck sounds amazing for $20. I dont have any pics though.

I ordered 4 new Moto Metal 957's. Cost $570 flat. They are 17" x 9" I kept the original tires and will buy new ones when I lift the truck up.

Last edited by UH60sSuck; February 15th, 2010 at 4:23 PM.
Old February 15th, 2010, 4:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also ordered a new billet grille and have the air damn billet grille sitting here. Just didnt want to put it on till the main grille gets here. I picked up some Camo Clad earlier and and going to camo the bow tie in the front today hopefully. Also going to get it programmed with the Bully Dog Triple Dog GT as soon as I get a phone call shortly.