Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

My truck

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2009, 6:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My truck

What do i need to do to my truck i want something new done to it
Attached Thumbnails My truck-truck2.jpg  
Old April 6th, 2009, 6:32 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You done exhaust yet? I think I'm gonna go with a thrush welded cuz they is cheap and I'm doin it myself. So if I mess anything up, it won't be a lot of wasted money.
Old April 6th, 2009, 6:37 PM
Super Moderator

yeah i got dual exhaust w/ flow masters. what do you guys think of my truck? i think it needs 35 inch mud tires its just got 33 inch all terrains. not agressive enough for me
Old April 6th, 2009, 7:14 PM
CF Active Member

Truck's great. Where did you get the hood? I've been wanting a cowl hood, but don't know how or where to get one. Only thing I don't like about your truck is the chrome fuel door. I'm not into that. But everyone else in town seems to be. Along with those led blinker strips that go along the bottom of the tail gate. I say put a hot cam in it. Make 'er lope!
Old April 6th, 2009, 7:48 PM
Super Moderator

i got a roller cam in it along with roller rockers, and lifters, also got a superchip init. the only thing i want for my engine is a cold air intake system. I dont want headers i hate them!! they dont do anything but look cool. the only difference i noticed on my 85 w/ headers is it cooked two of my starters!! but i dont like the chrome fuel door anymore its just stick on so i will definatley be taking it off!! i ordered smoke grey euro lights, and black halo headlights off ebay. I got my hood from a 4x4 jamboree in lima ohio. Its carbon fiber it was really expensive but worth it!! my truck definatley needs tires and i want black rims!! if any one wants aluminum rims i will trade them for some black ones!!!
Old April 6th, 2009, 7:57 PM
CF Active Member

Seems like you've got it all taken care of. Just do what you're doin. Sounds like you're in the right direction.
Old April 6th, 2009, 8:13 PM
Super Moderator

mechanical wise im set but im going on looks now.... oh i forgot to tell you www.lmctruck.com you can get a cowl induction hood
Old April 7th, 2009, 11:31 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if it were me... shave all teh emblems and logos off besides the front bow tie. this thurseday im finishing the rims then ill put em up for a fotoshoot in the paint booth and get them up here. and i dunno... im trying to locate a good set of door poppers for my tailgate. i am drawing plans to shave the tailgate handle and put a popper in and a limiting actuator so with my key fob i hit accessory and it opens my trunk. woot.
Old April 7th, 2009, 4:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

It looks great right now. My personal favorite option is the sound system. I'm more likely to take a long trip with a bad tranny than no tunes.

There's a lot of cool front bumpers and bumper/winch combos, if you don't mind losing the MPG...

Cams98 is right,BTW, the badges detract from the paint job.
Old April 7th, 2009, 4:54 PM
Super Moderator

yeah i want to take the trim/badges off but wont this also mean i have to reapaint it? as far as a sound system i got a sony dvd player w/ a sony 1000 watt amp and a 12 inch sony xplod sub... But i definately want to see those blck rims on that truck!!!!!