Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

NAV upgrade confused

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2008, 11:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV upgrade confused

Ight, i got the the 6 disc, xm, onstar, and rear flip down dvd system in my silverado, and i want to get the indash dvd/ nav system. ive been looking thru the post about the RPO codes and still cant seem to grasp it all. So far ive seen where people have said to look for; Y91, UQ7, and a few others....in my codes i have found(related to the radio); UC6,UE1,UK3,UK6,UQ7,U2K,U42.... Now from what ive gathered, this means i have the non lux model and that escalades and den only have the lux models, i want to know whats the diff in the non lux and lux models, and if the UQ7 is the only code i need to find? Also if i should expect any problems hooking the upgrade up? I havent bought anything yet, but i wanna make sure i get the codes figured out first so that i buy the correct one. I believe ill need to get the ant of course and the map disc... and i do need to get the plug and play ones with no codes so i dont have to go to the dealer to unlock it right? anything else i should need? like maybe a different wireing harness?? I think ive read where some people experienced some speakers not working... and

Thank for all the help, i know if i cant figure things out on my own i can come here and ask all of you, sorry if this has been cleared up before but ive gotten a head ache looking thru everything so far.
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:01 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: NAV upgrade confused

The codes in your glove box give the build code (what vehicle was built with of assembly line). The technician at the dealership needs to read those codes in order to program the radio correctly.The radio/Nav just needs the software to know whether it needs to haveits outputs in lux (low level balance drive) or non lux amplified (regular low level) or non lux no amplifier (just speaker level outputs). You can also program it to turn on the backup cam (07/08 avalanche-closest to the silverado in respect to eq settings), you might find the backup cam in 07 silverado programing in GM SI.
You could also just program it, by telling it is a 06 monte carlo thru the tech 2 for vin relearn, it works and a few people on this forum have not had any issues with this.

The only thing you need is a GPS antenna and a nav disc. You might have to connect the VSS wire. You can get the VSS wire at the lower left IP and connect the VCIM (under and behind the a/c climate controls up front-for voice guidance.

Good luck.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 08 Silverado that came with the stock CD radio w/XM and OnStar non Bose system. I want to upgrade to the OEM GPS nav system w/ XM and OnStar. From what I can tell I need to get the unit with the part # 19153970. Is this correct? And what other parts will I need to make this work? Will I need to have a dealer program it as well? Thanks for the help all.
Old September 5th, 2008, 12:03 AM
CF Beginner

obfirefighter22, what year model is your silverado?