Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Navigation in Silverado?

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2012, 1:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much are you paying?
Old November 18th, 2012, 9:29 PM
CF Active Member

Hey, I installed an aftermarket pioneer in my truck. I have the rear passenger radio controls in my truck. It still works. Heck even the XM radio still works even though my new radio doesn't have xm radio.

Hope this helps

Eric
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by DMD77
Hi first time in forum, Looking to upgrade radio in 2010 silverado LT non bose to nav, dealer says that I can only use part # 19244269 nav as 2010's are not compatable with other years?? Any help would be appreciated including install instructions.
I am also looking for an upgrade...I was interested in Rosen but I mean for the price and OEM look Im leaning toward this radio...AND ITS ANDROID?!

Anyone hear anything about this?

Chevrolet Silverado Hits 07-12 Android Multimedia Navigation System | OttoNavi
Old October 8th, 2013, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default Issues with stock navigation

I have a 2008 Chevy silverado LTZ with all the bells and whistles to include navigation. I have a few question for those of you who also have nav. Has anyone experienced any issues with the directions that the navigation gives you once you punch in an address. The issue I'm having is when I punch in an address it calculates the trip and as soon as I get down the street the screen shows me driving through water or not even on a road. Then it recalculates and tells me to turn around. It seems like the reception to the sky is interrupted. But I can put a handheld gps in my lap and now even my cellphone with google maps and get a much better result. Could it be the cd in the nav? Could it be the antenna on the roof? Any suggestions
Old October 15th, 2013, 1:43 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The navigation antenna is not on the roof, is on the dash, just make sure there's nothing on top of it and I guess you'll be ok
you know weird things happen now and then, just give it a day or two and everything will be back to normal,
I have seen that on mine, (which I installed myself with the help of this forum) when I enter an address and make a "u" turn the nav doesn't know were I am but in a few of seconds everything is ok.
Let us know what happens
Old October 15th, 2013, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Hey new guy here i am a fleet tech in phoenix az. And i'm stuck on my 03 silverado,yep tech's get stuck too. The big bad pass lock junk. Ok here it is, before the truck was mine the previous owners had lost their key and the dealer key was too much for them, so i put an after market key cylinder one in, did fine for 5 monhts and now the truck is locked down. There was an after market remote module in it and it is bad too. So i have took all that junk out and have bypassed the starter and fuel pump. Now to my question,when i jump the pink for the injectors the truck will start "will it hurt any thing to run it like that?"