Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:11 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Navigation system in Silverado???

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2008, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation system in Silverado???

Helllo guys, proud owner of a new LTZ 3500 DRW Diesel!

Got the mod bug, and here is my prob:

Have the LTZ with rear entertainment, with cd/dvd player. Purchased off ebay a nav unit stated as from a "2008 Yukon XL", thats as much detail as I have from the contributing vehicle. The part number on the radio turns out to be 20792737. I know most of you experts are saying "???" right now. I cant find any info on that part number, and the dealer couldnt either.

Anyway, installed, and theftlock came up. Had dealer do the "2006 Monte Carlo" workaround to get the unit to relearn the vin, and it worked, unit is now fully functional, xm, radio, onstar, everything seems to work fine, but when I install the 3.0 disc that it came with (disc was still sealed in box, has dots before and after "United States, Alaska, Canada" or whatever) it says "Installed disc is not a map dvd". I also downloaded an image off the net, dont remember the part number, but it was a different part number from this one, and it did the same thing.

Any suggestions? Unit is beautiful and works well, but why isnt it loading the nav disc?
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Navigation system in Silverado???

Ok, so now I found a GM tech that tells me that part number is actaully out of an ACADIA!!! Looks like I am the first guy to ever get lied to on ebay, :-P

Anyway, dont suppose anyone knows the location of a nav disc for an acadia? Guess thats my next course of action.

peterveiga@gmail.com
Old September 16th, 2008, 3:12 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Just looked at www.gmnavdisc.com and they're saying you need part #25880099 for an 07-09 Acadia. Price is $200
Old September 16th, 2008, 10:19 PM
CF Active Member

I bought a Nav. unit off ebay & everything works fine, but when I went to get a new upgrded disk they (Nav disk) tell me I need the vin off of the truck or suv it came out of? HELP now what do I do?
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Okay, system is up and running, everything works fine with the Acadia disk now, but this is what I dont understand:

First day:
Dealer uses Monte Carlo workaround, relearns VIN, Prior to , when displaying "theftlock activated", buttons illuminated red

AFTER RELEARN, buttons are green, which is great matches the rest of my silverado

LATER THAT NIGHT, buttons switch back to red and have been red since!!!

Is there a way to manually change the color of the buttons on an acadia/delphi unit that anyone knows of? Because I SWEAR TO YOU, you might not believe it, but they are multi color lights they are using, totally tripped me out when I saw them switch, thought for sure it wouldnt happen, got real happy when they were green, then disappointed when went back to red.