Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Need advice regarding Superchip

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2011, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice regarding Superchip

I recently bought a Superchip for my Silverado, and I am not sure what to set the shift point(s) to. The 1-2 WOT Shift Point is set to STK+ 3mph/300rpm (I did that setting manually, as opposed to leaving it "superchips value.") I didn't want to mess with the 2-3 WOT Shift Point or the 3-4 WOT Shift Point, cause I was not sure what would be best for those shift points. They are currently on "superchips value." I'm not sure what numerical setting that is specifically, but I can assume it's higher than the stock setting. Should I set the later shift points to the same setting as the first one? Or do those require different settings?

Thanks,
Evan
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

should've got a custom tune for the price you paid for that superchip, unless you got a smokin deal on it
Old June 24th, 2011, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

Got it for $150
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

turn around and sell it for 250 and go get a real tune. I did the same thing
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:36 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah I'll think about doing that, thanks for the help, my truck looks a lot similar to yours actually
Old June 27th, 2011, 2:47 PM
Super Moderator

stepside an all? I love the stepside. the tune will make a huge difference compared to the superchip
Old June 27th, 2011, 6:06 PM
CF Beginner

now i got a question im looking into tuning my 2010 5.3...
would you recommend this?
also what kind of gain am i looking at?
who would you recommend.. i was looking at superchips, someone had mentioned black bear and wheatley.. whos better and how hard is this tune on the actual truck?
Old June 28th, 2011, 1:46 PM
Super Moderator

yes i recommend that...i've got a wheatley tune and its amazin over the bullydog programmer i had. Do you plan on doin any other mods to the truck like exhaust, intake, headers? if so people have dynoed they're trucks and seen 40-50hp gains when its all tied together. they're both good, most go with blackbear because he has lower prices but i went with wheatley because he's here in houston with me so it made more sense. and blackbear is always travelin place to place doin tunes in meets. maybe find a meet that close by and go to him, if not i hear his return on the tune is about a week i think and they tune's not hard on the truck at all...you pick everything that you want done to it
Old June 28th, 2011, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by country_09
yes i recommend that...i've got a wheatley tune and its amazin over the bullydog programmer i had. Do you plan on doin any other mods to the truck like exhaust, intake, headers? if so people have dynoed they're trucks and seen 40-50hp gains when its all tied together. they're both good, most go with blackbear because he has lower prices but i went with wheatley because he's here in houston with me so it made more sense. and blackbear is always travelin place to place doin tunes in meets. maybe find a meet that close by and go to him, if not i hear his return on the tune is about a week i think and they tune's not hard on the truck at all...you pick everything that you want done to it

As of right now i have a cat back system y pipe duals out the back and a k&n air flow intake kit..
im currently looking into the tune but now sure how hard it is on the truck.. i am located in canada so im more or less shopping around also i dont know anything about tuning.. only came across it on trucks the series.. hah.. but what do you mean by the bullydog programmer? what exactly is this.. i heard of bullydog but i thought they dealt mainly in diesel..
Old June 28th, 2011, 6:44 PM
Super Moderator

really all the tune is doin is unlockin the power that GM is holdin back so they can meet their requirements with gas mileage. it helps out with power and mileage tons. yeah they do deal with deisels most of the time, but they have a few products for gas trucks and bein the gullible 16 yr old I was I bought it and "thought" I noticed a difference but in reality I didn't until I got the tune

Quick Reply: Need advice regarding Superchip