Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Need help bad with my truck!

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2011, 3:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help bad with my truck!

I have a 2001 silverado 5.3 extended cab. A couple of hours ago I had my truck broken into and had my stereo stolen. I have a clifford alarm system installed with the remote that has a screen on it to notify me if something happens. Unfortunatley I was at dave and busters and when the remote went off I didnt hear it because of how loud it gets in there. As soon as I got to my truck I immediately saw my stereo was missing and called 911. When the cop showed up he told me that their had been no signs of forced entry and that they have had a bunch of related calls about chevy trucks getting broken into because someone has made some sort of key that allows people to get into the trucks without having to force their way in. now my questions are: 1. Is there anything I can do
to the truck to make sure something like this doesnt happen again.
2. Does anyone know where I can get the front panel for the dashboard since it was broken to get to the stereo.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Old September 11th, 2011, 2:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the only thing I could think of is get keyless door handles. this way you only use your clicker to unlock the doors...only thing bad about that is that your clicker may not work. Now if it was forced entry where they punched the key hole out you could get these metal plates put behind the lock cylinder called Jimmy jammer
Old September 11th, 2011, 2:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the only thing I could think of is get keyless door handles. this way you only use your clicker to unlock the doors...only thing bad about that is that your clicker may not work. Now if it was forced entry where they punched the key hole out you could get these metal plates put behind the lock cylinder called Jimmy jammer and the lock cylinder can't be punched out.

as for the piece around the stereo that was broke, pretty much all the junkyards will have a chevy that you could dig into and find what you need