Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Need Help Carb Issue

Search this Thread

Old December 18th, 2011, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need Help Carb Issue

OK So here is the thing. I bought the Truck About 8 months ago. Its a 86 Chevy C10 305 With Quadrajet Carb. It Ran a Little Loud when My Exhaust Seal Went out. I Just was able to Replace them but the truck was used just Below average amount During the time.About 2 1/2 Months Ago my MPG Went Down Like By Half. MY Engine never Had good power. I Figured it was the carb. I rebuilt it Replaceing all the seals,The accelerator plunger seal and spring, the float needle clip,needle,the little bb looking thing(lol cant remember the name ).the secondaries flap on the bottom was bent when i took the carb off. I straighten it back out and reinstalled it on the Carb.I Installed it on the truck my truck will run and idle high but if i floor it, it has no power and at first time after rebuilding the carb tried to flood the secondaries dont engage.And it wont go into passing gear i believe because the sondaries arent opening. my driver side exhaust pipe runs rich and i can screw the idle fuel mixture screw on the front and instead of lowering the rpgs when its screwed all the way in it does nothing still runs high idle when close.and still no power all sugesstions and help would help alot.
Old December 19th, 2011, 3:41 AM
CF Active Member

If you rebuilt the carb to specs and replaced all the worn parts I would suspect vaccum leaks. make sure all the hoses are connected and not cracked and leaking. I don't know much about QJ's.so no help there.

Charlie
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:25 AM
CF Active Member

Check for vacuum leaks. Get a vacuum gauge and read THIS.
Old December 20th, 2011, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default ok ill check

Ok ill check using carb cleaner method just as soon as the rain clears.Ill let you know what happens. thanx