Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Nerf Step Bar Choice Help

Search this Thread

Old August 20th, 2011, 3:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nerf Step Bar Choice Help

Hey guys and gals,

I am thinking about purchasing nerf step bars for my 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. I have, as many of you also, have looked online at different companies, brands, stainless steel vs. black powder coated, etc.. I have even been Google'ing reviews and such. I'm not all about the "bling" effect or the expensive ones (who can blame me, especially in these times when it takes about $85 to fill my tank these days here in NC, LOL). So, I really want to know what every ones experiences have been like with the different companies (ie. Truck Champ, JC Whitney, Real Truck, etc.). Is there any company/web site that I need to shy away or run away from? I am looking at Ebay listings as well. I also would like some input on stainless vs. black also. My truck is a smokey gray color with the front and rear bumper being the only stainless on the truck and they both have the black plastic molding. I'm all for any personal opinions that anyone may have. Thanks for reading this thread and thank you all in advance for any info/help. Be safe!

Thanks,

Ricky Ashley, NREMT
AKA "Ricky Bobby" "Shake-N-Bake"
Old August 20th, 2011, 7:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Westin.....simply the best!
Old August 22nd, 2011, 5:59 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought Truck Champ for mine and I cannot complain one bit. Stainless steel is the only way to go because......they are mounted under your truck behind your front tires where they are in the line of fire from all road rash, even if (as I do) you have mud flaps. Chrome nor black powder coat will hold up to this abuse. Stainless can be polished back to a shine. Also they were less than half the price of the more common name brands and the quality is just as good, matter of fact, the only difference is the step pad. Mine says Truck Champ instead of Westin.