Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

New 2014 Silverado LTZ Z71

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2014, 2:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hey there mad max!

Congrats on your recent purchase and welcome to the Chevrolet Forum. Thanks for posting pics of your new 2014 Chevrolet Silverado! It looks great!

All the best,

Andraya R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks Andraya. I'd really have preferred a brand new late model V8 half ton 1954 Chevy 3100 5 window cab, but I wasn't born yet then.

So what about any rumors about the Avalanche return/replacement? You are in a position to know or to be able to find out so feel free to throw us a bone and start a rumor right here...
Old March 26th, 2014, 5:34 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey mad max,

Unfortunately we do not have information on any future products. Please feel free to keep an eye out on GM Media Online every once in a while to stay updated on our vehicles.

Best Regards,

Kristen A. (Assisting Andraya)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 28th, 2014, 5:46 AM
CF Beginner

Max got the truck yesterday awesome ride sorry no time to talk to busy driving my new ride LOL talk soon
Old March 29th, 2014, 3:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by CCLB4X4Dually
Max got the truck yesterday awesome ride sorry no time to talk to busy driving my new ride LOL talk soon
Great! Let's see some pictures. Let me know when you get the Nav on the MyLink all figured out. I was trying to set the home feature to make it easier to find home. I think I have 4 homes, 3 of them are wrong so I need to delete them, and can't find one button to tell it to "take me home" yet.
Old March 29th, 2014, 3:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by CCLB4X4Dually
If I'm understanding it correctly it looks like you have the exact same truc.k as mine except yours is Ruby Red. The profile picture looks real nice! Tried to make a U turn yesterday at a light on a 4 lane rd with a double yellow line in the middle. Mistake! 3 point turn needed. I could probably have make it if I swing it wider from the start. That crew cab with a 6.5 bed wheel base is L-O-N-G. What state are you in? I'm in Mass
Old March 29th, 2014, 3:53 PM
CF Junior Member

Found the fuse for the 110vac outlet in the passenger's side dash fuse box #37 25AMP micro. They are a hard to find fuse size. Just ordered a box of 10 for $15 including delivery. BTW Chevy - me and the Chevy tech needed gloves and a plastic putty knife to pry open the fuse box from the bottom. Not very user friendly access to say the least.
Old March 31st, 2014, 6:58 AM
CF Beginner

Hey Max NY, it looks like our trucks are really close I have a 5.8 bed, I installed the bed Chevy bed rug PS I like the after market bed rug better, I still have to cut out the lower tie downs and the movable ones on the top and the bed lighting, access Lorado Tonneau cover got a very good price on that cover also added weather tech mats, step and window deflectors when I'm done I will post some pictures any way it's a AWESOME RIDE
Old March 31st, 2014, 7:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Short bed will be a lot easier to park that's for sure.
They put my rug in at the dealer and I thought it looked like they may have cut it for the lights and some tie downs - I don't even know where they all are yet. Haven't had a chance to take a closer look with all the cold rainy weather. Since I got the expensive rug to protect the bed I just ordered a mat to protect the rug! Car crazy. When the weather gets better I'm going to attempt to install by bed step on the driver's side. The running boards didn't go back far enough to give me access to he bed. Weathertech mats and the slip in smokey window rain guards - but I have a feeling I'm not going to like them and may get the stock Chevy stick on ones instead. I've heard the windows may have an anti pinch feature that they may interfere with also.
Old April 1st, 2014, 6:53 AM
CF Beginner

Well the only reason I know they didn't make those cuts was because I was there when the access cover was being installed. E-acto knife should do just find to cut it or a good scissor. You sound like me max LOL you want to buy my used cars I don't like people putting there feet on the door sills or door panels I dislike when they put there feet on the door panel to hold the door open, I wax the door jams LOL my dually was in mint shape when I sold it the guy looked at never ever tried to bargain the price. The only thing my truck needed was a vacuum do to dog hair and that was just in the back and I had it covered with blankets like 3 layers so it really wasn't bad. I know I am a nut job when it comes to my cars and motorcycles
Old April 1st, 2014, 4:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Exactly! If you want to put your feet up take off your darn shoes and take your trash with you. Jeeze...

So I put the bed mat over the bed rug today. Looks great! Now what do I cover he mat with? LOL!
As for the top of the tail gate - it's covered with the stock plastic rub rail molding. Is that easily/cheeply replaceable or should I carry some kind of additional mat to cover it when sliding in and hanging things out the back? Some other kind of cheep rubber mat or carpet I could keep in the back , like 1 foot by 4 feet to lay over the top of it would work nicely.

I need to locate all the tie downs that are covered up by the bed rug. I have no idea where to look yet.

Just got in all the parts and tools for my bed step installation. That's next. Did you say you had one and put it in yourself?

I wonder how this would ride with a slip in camper?

Quick Reply: New 2014 Silverado LTZ Z71