Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

new chevy owner

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2011, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new chevy owner

Hello everyone. Long time ford owner, first time chevy owner!
i know i know, i don't want to hear about the fact that i owned fords!!

so, here is what i am looking for here. I just bought a 2011 crew 4x4 duramax. i have been looking around for problems pertaining to the new 6.6 engine and the trans. to my surprise, i couldn't find anything to say either good or bad. when i went looking for truck, i was trying to be as non bias as i could, so i could get the best truck for my money. After researching the new ford 6.7, and driving it, i was very disapointed. the same was said for the dodge. the chev on the other hand was an amazing drive and I can't find anything wrong with it. So let's be honest, what kind of problems have the LML 6.6L engines had and what about the trannys? I am pulling a skidsteer 100% of the time and i do about 40000 kms a year. any and all feed back is welcomed!
thanks
chris.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 11:22 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quit worrying. You already bought it so its a done deal. Drive it and enjoy.
Old October 28th, 2011, 8:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing wrong with Ford or Dodge, Red. It's all personal preference anyway. If you look at the Google reviews as time goes by maybe you'll find some experiences, but it's a great truck, just keep up on maintenance and you should live long and prosper. Besides, those other guys' trucks aren't your truck, you don't know how they drive or do their maintenance.
Old October 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the only problem i've ran across for the new duramax is that they haven't come out with a tunin device on EFIlive or HPtuners i believe. something that GM did with the ECU that won't allow them to tune it but other than that they're a hoss