Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

No heat in cab during winter!!!

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2013, 1:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:
I have been putting water in the radiator regularly and squeezing the hose until I can pull it which will hopefully be this weekend. Anyways after some research I am sure it is a problem with the heater core. The blend door works, it's weak sounding but it does turn. The hoses leading into the cab were the heater core would be are cold.
I changed the thermoset just in case. I find it odd the hose leading the HC are not warm when the truck is.
Going to try and flush it tomorrow. Hope this works!!!

Last edited by Tlindsey099; January 4th, 2013 at 1:17 AM.
Old January 4th, 2013, 7:24 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tlindsey099
Update:
I have been putting water in the radiator regularly and squeezing the hose until I can pull it which will hopefully be this weekend. Anyways after some research I am sure it is a problem with the heater core. The blend door works, it's weak sounding but it does turn. The hoses leading into the cab were the heater core would be are cold.
I changed the thermoset just in case. I find it odd the hose leading the HC are not warm when the truck is.
Going to try and flush it tomorrow. Hope this works!!!
those hoses should be just as warm as the coolant hoses so i believe you may have a clog somewhere. flush would be good
Old January 4th, 2013, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

I have the opposite problem. My 1995 K1500 blows strictly hot air and when I move the temp switch there is no difference in tempertaure. Pushing the AC button has no effect either. Recommendations?
Old January 5th, 2013, 3:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by chevyboy1993
those hoses should be just as warm as the coolant hoses so i believe you may have a clog somewhere. flush would be good
I flushed it all out today and no difference.
Old January 5th, 2013, 3:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by valleysuds
I have the opposite problem. My 1995 K1500 blows strictly hot air and when I move the temp switch there is no difference in tempertaure. Pushing the AC button has no effect either. Recommendations?
Is the AC charged?
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by valleysuds
when you hit the AC button and switch the temp to cold you should hear the rpms drop on motor then pick back up. make sure your compressor is engaging the clutch and if it is not then it could just need a recharge. if you recharge it and it still doesn't work then it may be a compressor problem or the climate control panel.
Old January 6th, 2013, 7:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

if the temp of the heater core inlet and outlet hose are the same the core is plugged.
the inlet hose should be hot, the outlet should be at least 10'C cooler with the blower on high.
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by tech2
if the temp of the heater core inlet and outlet hose are the same the core is plugged.
the inlet hose should be hot, the outlet should be at least 10'C cooler with the blower on high.
Pretty sure replacing the heater core is my next move
Old January 7th, 2013, 4:53 AM
CF Beginner

Try flushing your heater core , if that doesn't work then you need a replacement.. If you decide to flush the heater core do it multiple times , me and my dad had to try 3 times , then it started to work.. We had the same problem for my friends silverado

Last edited by branndonn; January 7th, 2013 at 4:56 AM.
Old January 7th, 2013, 6:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by branndonn
Try flushing your heater core , if that doesn't work then you need a replacement.. If you decide to flush the heater core do it multiple times , me and my dad had to try 3 times , then it started to work.. We had the same problem for my friends silverado
I got the part today, replacing it when ever I have time.
It's under the dash on the passenger side right???

Quick Reply: No heat in cab during winter!!!