Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

No reverse 4l60E

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2014, 12:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No reverse 4l60E

I just picked up this chevy 4x4 for 800. Everything works on it except a few shorts in the dash but out of no where the reverse stopped working on the truck. I put it into reverse and you can hear the rpms drop down like its engaging but i hit the gas and rev until about 2000 and nothing happens but if i pin the gas i can hear it engage, then pin the gas again the tires will break free and the truck will move on its own. i can put it in park, neutral and the reverse will still work by its self. But if i go into drive the reverse no longer works again. Im dumb founded by this. I dont have much experiance in transmissions so i dont know much about them. All forward gears work including OD. I used the lucas transmission fluid. Fluid isnt burnt or any weird color. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Im lost and confused.
Old July 5th, 2014, 5:18 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I "think" you've already cooked it by "pinning the gas", as the best you could have hoped for was a plugged filter.

Does the truck try to pull itself in neutral?

Drop the pan, if there is any "soot" in the bottom, she's done.

Good Luck,

Allan
Old July 5th, 2014, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you mean by pull its self in neutral? It won't do anything in reverse unless you give it alot of gas. And in neutral does nothing but rev up. Im confused. Never experienced that.