Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Not the backup camera I thought I ordered

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2010, 1:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not the backup camera I thought I ordered

Hello All,

A couple weeks ago a bought a 2010 Silverado 1500 LTZ (thank you very much). It came with a navigation radio but not a backup camera. I had the dealer add a backup camera with the stated expectation that it would be displayed through the navigation unit.

Well, much to my surprise, when I picked it up on Friday the backup camera was displaying in the rear view mirror. The dealership was surprised at my surprise and indicated that was the only way it came.

I've got two basic questions for you all:
1) Am I crazy? Besides actually talking with the salesman about this, I truly thought that when you had the navigation radio the backup camera was displayed through it. Was this ever an option or did I make it up.

2) Can I use the OEM navigation radio to display the backup camera? If yes, any idea what needs to be done? It appears from www.coastaletech.com that the GMX-322 lock pick would allow the nav unit to display the backup camera. Do I need the lock pick or do need to get the dealership to unlock the features in the nav unit?

Any insight would be greatly welcome.

Thanks,
William
Old April 12th, 2010, 6:31 AM
CF Active Member

My friends 2010 shows on the nav screen! I Thought if you got the 6 disk changer & Camera it was displayed on thr rearview mirror?
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chas1955
My friends 2010 shows on the nav screen! I Thought if you got the 6 disk changer & Camera it was displayed on thr rearview mirror?
That's interesting. Mine's the regular nav unit and not the 6 CD changer. It should be do-able then.