Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Ok.....here goes need serious input here on decision

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2013, 12:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok.....here goes need serious input here on decision

Please, not trying to be a jerk here, I swear I'm not. But if you don't really know or have expert advice on this subject, please refrain. I can do my own guessing and speculating. Not looking for "opinions" as much as facts. Thank you in advance in helping me solve my dilemma. This will be my fifth 2500 crew cab. Trade in every 3 years or so and each time I go closer towards my "dream truck". My current 2011 I thought was my last and all I ever wanted. Cameras all around (commercial shell) warn winch bumper and 12k winch, dual batteries (simple dual battery marine switch not the fancy stuff everyone swears I have to have) and others. But now after bottoming out on the most shallow mud filled ruts lately with what very little 4 wheeling i do, I have decided after 52 years of age and before I die, to get a dealer installed, pre purchased lift on a new 2013. I have avoided them for all the cons but my heart just wanted it anyway just cuz I knew they voided warranty but I NEVER KNEW if dealer installed it before I bought it it WAS covered under warranty. Problem is this. I think they are doing more then truck can handle. They are doing a 7 inch Mcguaghys lift with 20 inch rims and Toyo 37x13.50 tires. I didn't doubt them at first...shop said he did tons of them. Until that is i insisted on 4:10 rear vs the 3.73 which no one seemed to care about except me. So I made them bring in another 2013 2500 crew with 4:10. But since that time i started mistrusting them and doing more and more research and the more I look into this I am worried I am just asking for long term trouble. This is no real serious clear data but some say it would be a major mistake while others say no problem. So question is this??? Will this lift cuz me short term wear out on my engine, tranny, axles, blah blah blah. This will be my LAST one will keep till I die but can I count on this truck lasting this long with that set up? I want good lift but only for better ground clearance. Am I better off with a 4" lift and 35's? Assuming warranty goes beyond 36k and includes 100k power train as well with dealer lift? Thank you, want the lift, don't want a torn up truck at 101k miles
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Update: come to find out, GM will NOT, repeat NOT cover that lift under warranty even if it was delaer installed pre-delivery!!!! Dealer lied. Shocker there.
Old April 27th, 2013, 1:01 PM
CF Active Member

If you dont need the huge lift, then dont get it. 4inches on 35s should be fine if you go wheeling every now and then. It wont kill mpg like the 37s (obv tho it will still decrease). As for wear and tear, itll put a little more stress on motor but nothing major. 35s should be fine.