Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

OUCH! My repair thread, haha. :P

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2010, 4:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OUCH! My repair thread, haha. :P

Name:  IMAG0106.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  110.5 KB
Name:  IMAG0105.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  109.6 KB
This is what happens when you hit a pillar. I'm probably the crappiest driver ever, lol. I was in a car wash and while I was busy backing up and trying to avoid the pillar on the right, the one on the left popped out of nowhere! So, I called around for parts. My fender was obviously ruined, I was told I could go to a good body person but I wanted to do it myself. My front bumper's fine, the little bracket holder welded on my frame got bent though so I gotta bend it back somehow. I'm 18, and I love this truck to death. It's my first vehicle, and I take good care of it aside from my crappy driving. Anyways, here's my replacement fender.
Name:  IMAG0103.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  68.0 KB
It's not OEM, it's just OE style. I wasn't trying to be cheap, I just needed it asap. The fender was causing that plastic thing to rub on my tire, so I had to get it off. I scored the fender for 80 bucks, amazing!
Name:  IMAG0107.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  97.7 KB
There goes the grill! Those pins are a pain to get out, I was so close to just breaking it, haha.
Name:  IMAG0108.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  111.5 KB
BYE BYE FENDER! My dream career is to go to tech school for collision and body work, hence why I did it myself. Doing this though makes me feel bad for mechanics, they're so unappreciated sometimes! It's some hard *** work. That fuse box was kiiiilling me, aside from all those hidden bolts!
Name:  IMAG0109.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  114.7 KB
The front bumper was by far the easiest thing ever, It took a total of ten bolts before I could slide it off.
Name:  IMAG0110.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  109.4 KB
TADAAAAA! Grandpa Morris helped me mount it on. It was terrible, trying to get it fitted correctly for all the bolts. But, with time and patience I got everything into place. I left it black because I couldn't afford it painted. I got a good price for just the maroon, but my truck just HAD to have tan on the bottom. That hood was a bitch to take off, too.
Name:  IMAG0111.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  59.6 KB
This is what got bent under my truck. The sun went down too fast for me to do it so I left my front bumper off for the night.

Name:  IMAG0114.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  108.8 KB
How my truck sits now. That hood was killing me, I was having so much trouble putting it back on. And I ended up screwing the spring for the hood in the wrong hole on the fender, so it was crooked, haha! Why are there so many uneccesary holes!? I haven't gotten a hold of a blowtorch to bend the fram thing back, or maybe I don't need one? Any suggestions as to how I should bend it back? I'll keep you all updated, thanks for checking out my thread!

Last edited by Julianftw; May 10th, 2010 at 4:08 PM.
Old May 10th, 2010, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

Turns out my front bumper is actually bent a bit. I mounted it and it appeared bent still, but not as much. Maybe I can bend it back, I don't feel like waiting a week for a new one. I'll update tomorrow.
Old May 11th, 2010, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Name:  IMAG0116.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  68.5 KB
I'm late when it comes to posts, haha. Anyways, here it is getting torched! :P It went well, it came out straight. Like I said previous post though, I mounted it and it appeared bent still so no luck.
I have a new bumper on order, but I still want to fix this one because it'll bug me if I don't find out what's keeping it crooked. It looks straight and all, so I've no clue. I found a bracket to be slightly bent, but not to where it'd stick out. I'm gonna take it to a press machine to see if that does the trick. I'll update tomorrow.
Here's a picture of me on a hill. I like having no bumper, I can't drag and mess up my valence cover.
Name:  IMAG0119.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  116.8 KB
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

Here's my follow up.

Man, I should've really looked into my front bumper. Turns out, my bumper isn't EVEN bent.
Name:  IMAG0121.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  91.8 KB
here's the sadness.
Name:  bracket.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  50.1 KB
Good news is the brackets on the right side are straight so I have something to go by so I don't torch and hammer them crooked or anything.
EVEN GREATER NEWS! I purchased a braaaand spankin' new set of Continental tires for 150 dollars, haha. I had some 6 lug Chevy Trailblazer rims and tires for sale and he sold me the set for cheap plus the Trailblazer's wheels. I've heard nothing but good things about these tires, I can't wait to mount them.
Name:  0512002041.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  66.7 KB
Name:  0512002042.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  79.2 KB
These were the Trailblazer's tires.
Name:  IMAG0123.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  111.8 KB
I'll update tomorrow about the status of my bumper, see 'ya!
Old May 13th, 2010, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

So, I'm still at it. I'm sure you're all bored and wondering why the hell I haven't finished this damn thing, but I work full time and it's hard for me to get time.
Anyways, after a couple bashes to the brackets, this is what I got.
Name:  0513001631.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  222.3 KB
Name:  0513001631a.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  186.8 KB
Nothing. It's straightened slightly, but not fully. Hopefully I get it done before 3 tomorrow, I'm going with grandpa to see the races. AHRA is in Midland, TX and we're not too far, it's exciting. I'll post tomorrow!
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

Looks like your doing a great job, keep it up.
Old May 17th, 2010, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ERT-Jeffrey
Looks like your doing a great job, keep it up.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Name:  0514001139.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  193.8 KB
Name:  0514001149.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  235.3 KB
So at last, I finally got it on! It was a little crooked because the bumper was a bit bent downward, but I didn't have a whole lot of time before we had to leave on our trip so I dealt with it. You can tell it isn't bad, just needs to be pushed upwards. It was great success for me, I was proud of myself, haha.
Name:  0515000846.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  175.9 KB
The results of a good day, and yes, my other fender is rolled a bit. I hit a huge pothole, lol.

Thanks to everyone that checked out my thread, I appreciate it a lot. Any comments/questions will be appreciated. And if you want to check out my pictures of the drag races in Texas, here's the link. See 'ya!
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/lounge-5/my-trip-drag-races-32970/
Old May 17th, 2010, 9:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a little advice.. avoid potholes and pillers LOL.. nice thread tho..nice that u got it all back together too