Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Passenger door wont open always

Search this Thread

Old July 28th, 2011, 11:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger door wont open always

What's up everyone? First time posting here and I need some major help on my friends truck!

So I installed a system for him a few days ago and I had to take all the panels off. Put them back on and everything works fine. All of a sudden his passenger door wont open, i try from the inside etc and ensure the lock is up... no luck

Then 5 mins later it opens from the inside. I shut it, opens again fine. I take the panel off and check every thing... looks fine. I put the extra bolts under the passenger side grab bar back on, which i had missed last time and all works fine.

Opened it and shut ten times perfect...

well today my buddie says his passenger door don't open... so it is intermittent.

The power locks work fine to lock unlock so not sure where to start??? The fact that it sometimes works, sometimes not really has me guessing too...

any ideas?

Thanks ahead...
Old July 31st, 2011, 4:08 PM
CF Beginner

Bump...
Old July 31st, 2011, 4:17 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by deafboyzaudio
What's up everyone? First time posting here and I need some major help on my friends truck!

So I installed a system for him a few days ago and I had to take all the panels off. Put them back on and everything works fine. All of a sudden his passenger door wont open, i try from the inside etc and ensure the lock is up... no luck

Then 5 mins later it opens from the inside. I shut it, opens again fine. I take the panel off and check every thing... looks fine. I put the extra bolts under the passenger side grab bar back on, which i had missed last time and all works fine.

Opened it and shut ten times perfect...

well today my buddie says his passenger door don't open... so it is intermittent.

The power locks work fine to lock unlock so not sure where to start??? The fact that it sometimes works, sometimes not really has me guessing too...

any ideas?

Thanks ahead...
Did you tie it into the theft system?
Old July 31st, 2011, 4:19 PM
CF Beginner

I used all the aftermarket cables made by metra to allow access to the steering wheel controls w an aftermarket deck but that's it... I

I didn't install an aftermarket alarm if that's what your asking and no wires were cut behind the dash