Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

please help diagnose the internal engine noise's

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2021, 5:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default please help diagnose the internal engine noise's

please help diagnose the internal engine noise's o7 trailblazer 5.3 6hl L33 engine.

either it's repairable inside the vehicle or I will attempt a engine swap thanks Chevy Guys for advice

Last edited by the Brain; May 4th, 2021 at 5:36 PM.
Old May 4th, 2021, 5:51 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by the Brain
please help diagnose the internal engine noise's o7 trailblazer 5.3 6hl L33 engine.

either it's repairable inside the vehicle or I will attempt a engine swap thanks Chevy Guys for advice

.https://youtu.be/ZjpqHB8XBvQ
Is it upper end noise? Do a quick compression check. I have an 02 Mazda that kept blowing the spark plug out, and that is what it sounded like.
Old May 4th, 2021, 6:09 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Is it upper end noise? Do a quick compression check. I have an 02 Mazda that kept blowing the spark plug out, and that is what it sounded like.
there's 2 noises the 1st fluttering is noise 1 the pinging is noise #2 this #2 is what I'm worried about more than the first flutting noise.
are you saying a spark plug is being pushed up where it leaks compression?if yes I can easliey check if a spark plug is loose and backing up.

I think it's upper end noise thought it was from cylinder 1 removed the rocker s on #1 good rockers all needle bearins intact.
both push rods are straight and I blew air though the rod.
should I crawl under the vehicle and video under there?
I don't have a compresion tester maybe I can rent one from auto zone. dam shame she was running strong before the ticking/knocking dam. thanks for advice

Last edited by the Brain; May 4th, 2021 at 6:19 PM.
Old May 4th, 2021, 6:35 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by the Brain
there's 2 noises the 1st fluttering is noise 1 the pinging is noise #2 this #2 is what I'm worried about more than the first flutting noise.
are you saying a spark plug is being pushed up where it leaks compression?if yes I can easliey check if a spark plug is loose and backing up.

I think it's upper end noise thought it was from cylinder 1 removed the rocker s on #1 good rockers all needle bearins intact.
both push rods are straight and I blew air though the rod.
should I crawl under the vehicle and video under there?
I don't have a compresion tester maybe I can rent one from auto zone. dam shame she was running strong before the ticking/knocking dam. thanks for advice
You need to pinpoint where it is coming from. I have never been a fan of using a stethescope, but that might be what you have to do. My reference to the Mazda was actually blowing the spark plug out of the head, you don't have that issue unless you for some reason have a plug leaking.