Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Pro Comp or Fabtech?

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2010, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Comp or Fabtech?

HI All,

I have a 2009 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD with Z71 suspension and trailering package, and I am ordering 35 x 12.50/R18 Toyo M/T's and 18x9 Moto wheels, and I am trying my best to learn on what is the preferred lift kit to install on my truck? I am looking primarily at the Fabtech and Pro Comp. One alignment shop who has been around before I was born (I am 45) quickly told me to go with Fabtech as they have had several of the "other" kits more so than any fabtech lift. They are not dealers or installers of lift kits. Then I go to 4 Wheel Parts and they immediately tell me go with Pro Comp! Bottom line is that I am looking towards end results, which are performance and efficiency. I do not do a lot of off roading except during deer season and a catching a few hogs during the summer, so I am looking more for ride comfort on the open roads. Presently this truck rides like you are on ice, can't hardly feel a thing! Best riding truck I have ever had. So keeping as close to this as possible would be a great choice. I will be looking at the 6" lift, so you guys have any suggestions with some hard facts to support? Many thanks <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_979305-->
Old February 11th, 2011, 6:26 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same question. Did you get anything yet?
Old February 11th, 2011, 9:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've heard good things about both, more so on pro comp. either one will keep your ride pretty consistent, it's the tires that will make it a little rough. I have the toyos, granted I have a leveling kit, but they ride pretty rough anyways. they're both good lifts I thinks ones a little more than the other price wise though
Old February 11th, 2011, 2:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty much the same.. your question should be which brand name should i pay for?
Old February 11th, 2011, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

go with pro comp. my cousin owns one of there show trucks and it rides amazing.
Old December 18th, 2012, 6:48 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same question before when my buddy recommend me to use pro comp. It really depends at that time pro comp was the best option.