Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Question on bucket seats!

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2011, 1:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on bucket seats!

I have a 1995 silverado, and I am wanting to put a bucket seat on the driver side so that the sub box i am making will sit between the passenger and driver seat. I am looking to do this as cheap as possible as well. not looking to buy 2 new seats unless i can get them cheap.

my question is, 1.) would i be able to pull a passenger seat out of another parts truck and put it in on the driver side?
2.)if thats not possible what are my alternative options? can the middle part of the half bench seat be cut off and the side upholstered back together?
Old March 25th, 2011, 5:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're most likely going to have to punch some holes and find some seats that fit. Cutting the seat up has too many issues to come out okay financially on. You have to rebuild the frame on one side of the seat and find another track for that side and that will take bending fitting and welding. You can very possibly use other types of seats from some other vehicles. You might have to adjust the height with washers or boards and will likely have to punch or drill holes for bolts. Make sure you know what's under the spots you need to drill in because you could break something or find you don't have access to the spot.