Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Questions about new exhaust system...

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2013 | 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Question Questions about new exhaust system...

Hey Guys! First off, I'm new here so sorry if I posted in the wrong place or anything like that.
My question is about an exhaust system. I'm kinda new to all truck stuff in general, I know the basics but not much more. I'm 18, female, and on my second truck. It's a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 WT long bed. I bought it used but was a company truck so still had pretty much factory everything. The only thing I've done to it so far is change the stock radio to a Pioneer because the antenna's been broken off and I couldn't take the static anymore.
Ok so anyways back to my question: I've been on youtube a lot researching exhaust systems and decided I want to go with the Dynomax Bullet Muffler with dual tail pipes. I know this must be possible since I've seen SO many videos on youtube with basically my same truck with these systems but on the website it claims they aren't compatible with my truck. Like I said I don't know a lot about trucks or systems so any amount of explaining would be a lot of help. What all would need to be done so that I could have this system that I'm wanting for my truck?
Thanks
Old December 23rd, 2013 | 2:05 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum....
What size engine is in the truck...
I am not familiar with the muffler itself but can't see why it wouldn't be compatible
Hopefully some of the truck folks will start chiming in and get you the answer...
Old December 23rd, 2013 | 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Oh my gosh, my first reply! Haha Thanks for the welcome And oh yeah, duh, should've remembered to mention the engine It's a 4.3L V6
Old December 23rd, 2013 | 2:12 PM
Administrator

Odd.. I went to Summit Racing's site and it shows that brand of muffler and the applications show as universal...
Old December 23rd, 2013 | 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Hmmm... Ok Thanks, appreciate your research. I'm looking for the system too, with the dual pipes like this ---> Dual - 3" Cat-Back System - DynoMax® Race Bullet Mufflers
At least I think that's what I'm looking for, like I said I don't know a lot about the stuff. I'm just trying to make my truck sound like the ones I saw with that specific muffler. I know it says it for cars but is it possible to make it work with my truck or do I really even need it... can I just get a dual system that is made for my truck and then hook up that muffler and it sound the same?
Old December 23rd, 2013 | 7:05 PM
CF Junior Member

I would advise you to go and find a close vehicle shop and ask them about it. No matter where you live there will always be places to go and ask. Usually tire stores do a few exhaust things too. so just try asking around your area and you are sure to find someone that can help!
Old December 23rd, 2013 | 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

That v6 will never soound like a v8