Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Quick question for you A/C guys.

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question for you A/C guys.

First things first, I have an 07 NBS 1500 reg cab, I had all vents open.

So today I was driving into work with the a/c on, turned it off for a while since it was getting chilly. Then it got warm again so I turned on the a/c again, and as a habit I hit the circulate button, and on the driver's side vents only fog/gaseous precipitation I guess, came out. But not on the passenger side, and I wasn't running through fog or smog or smoke or anything like that. It lasted for about 15-20 seconds. I figured it was just cold air running into hot air producing "fog" (like hot breath on a cold day) but it wasnt happening on the right side of the truck.

Any ideas?
Old June 19th, 2008, 12:40 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Quick question for you A/C guys.

Are you equipped with dual zone climate control?[/align]Its probably just some moisture built up in the drivers side vents. On older cars it happens all the time and its just moisture building up from old and cracking seals, but on your truck, its possible it just condensed in the vents.[/align]
Old June 19th, 2008, 12:47 PM
CF Active Member

Nope, single zone a/c and the a/c was onlyoff for maybe 10 minutes tops. I dont know, if it condensed in the vent (into liquid) the only thing that would make it come out in gaseous "fog" form would be heat to basically turn it into steam. And it was instaneous whenI turned on the a/c, and cold... I'm not toooo concerned unless its actual a/c coolant gases coming through the line, but that probably isn't right b/c it'd probably alot colder and it wouldn't have stopped.
Old June 20th, 2008, 9:35 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

happened to me very often on various cars, back in Nashville area, where it's VERY humid during summer. scared the donk out of the 1st time, i though engine cought on fire.
it's humidity cooled by a/c into fine mist, like fog/cloud. air ducts are various length, one side probably had more moisture in it.
for the future, don't forget to turn a/c off but keep blower running for about a minute or 2, to remove condensate off the a/c radiator grid. otherwise, it condenses on it, and slowly but surely mold gows on it, with nasty rottem potatoes odor along.
Old June 27th, 2008, 8:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Sometimes your accumulator/drier will build up condensation and will release a mist for a few seconds as it purges. That's what it's always been in my case