Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Reduced engine power/stabilitrac warning lights.. loss off power

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2020, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced engine power/stabilitrac warning lights.. loss off power

Hi. I'm new to this forum but I have read a lot of old posts about people having this issue with many different reasons. I have a 2010 Chevy silverado 1500 5.3.. I myself was towing my boat when these lights came on and the engine basically died out on me. I've since changed the battery, the camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, and the throttle body position sensor and it still wont start.. It will turn over but won't start like it's not getting any fire. I've checked all the fuses and all good.. I hear there was a special recall for the throttle body.. Does that still apply? I also see some say the onstar computer could be the issues.. ANY HELP!!!
Old January 21st, 2020, 11:57 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by reginald buckmon
Hi. I'm new to this forum but I have read a lot of old posts about people having this issue with many different reasons. I have a 2010 Chevy silverado 1500 5.3.. I myself was towing my boat when these lights came on and the engine basically died out on me. I've since changed the battery, the camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, and the throttle body position sensor and it still wont start.. It will turn over but won't start like it's not getting any fire. I've checked all the fuses and all good.. I hear there was a special recall for the throttle body.. Does that still apply? I also see some say the onstar computer could be the issues.. ANY HELP!!!
Can you get us some OBD II codes? That might help quite a bit in Dxing your issue.
Old January 22nd, 2020, 4:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Can you get us some OBD II codes? That might help quite a bit in Dxing your issue.
the only code was showing was for the camshaft position sensor . I started there then on to crankshaft, then the throttle body sensor. When I changed the battery all the codes went away but still wont crank
Old January 24th, 2020, 6:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by reginald buckmon
the only code was showing was for the camshaft position sensor . I started there then on to crankshaft, then the throttle body sensor. When I changed the battery all the codes went away but still wont crank
Are you getting a good solid spark?
Old January 24th, 2020, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Are you getting a good solid spark?
its got spark.. but its still sounds kind of sluggish as it turns over
Old March 3rd, 2020, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

I replaced spark plugs and wires and this seems to have solved my problem. Its only been 8 hrs but all is well so far.