Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Reviving a C1500 after 6 years! O.o

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2010, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About TBI, I was mistaken, it is CPI. Not sure what the difference is, but I read a post somewhere and they were discussing it. I guess it's a newer TB design for the Vortec?

At any rate, I don't know what/where a fuel pressure regulator diaphragm is. But I will definately look into the IAC or idle whatever.
Old December 12th, 2010, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

Ok, the cylinders weren't frozen. I bled them, shot out dirty brown and even some pitch black fluid then clear and they started moving again. Passenger side has a rotted seal on the front piston, but it's moving just fine. Strong pedal, all 4 corners push as they are supposed to, so that's 1 case closed.

Took your advise and tried to seek out this idle controller. I found 2 different 2-wire connections are the TB. If I read the Haynes correctly, this first picture is what I should be looking for. Or maybe it's the 2nd picture..

Picture #1 (Also, is that bottom line really supposed to be open like that? When I went to put this part on, it already had that line connected like that, and there is another line going behind the engine to the other side to something.)

Picture #2

Also, once we got the engine all wrapped up, there was 1 loose connector with nothing in sight that would connect to it. It screws into the side of the head on the driver's side. It's between the middle and rear exhaust runners. I have had myself and about 4 other people look for a matching connector and nothing can be found. I THINK it is the a coolant temp sensor, because the temp gauge doesn't work on the dash.

Picture of it. Connector is in my hand and you can barely see where it screw into the head.

Connector by itself

Other end that screws into the head.

Last edited by Bill Miller; December 12th, 2010 at 9:54 PM.
Old December 12th, 2010, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Wow, sorry for huge pictures, thought they showed up in thumbnail form first.
Old December 12th, 2010, 6:36 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you have to resize that man, I cant see anything to understand what you are pointing to.
Old December 12th, 2010, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Resized, sorry.
Old December 12th, 2010, 9:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yea, show me the pics but the 2 spade connector in the head between the #1 y #2 headers is the Coolant temp sensor for the IC. There is ANOTHER one specifically for the computer located by the Thermostat.

I did this 2x over the summer in both my Chevy trucks so if you replace it the best place to get it was Ebay and put a bucket under it when you pull it because all the coolant will come out with it.

Upload the pics again but smaller and I ll see what you re referring to.
Old December 12th, 2010, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

Pics are fixed again, I think.

And I don't think there is anything wrong with the temp sensor (if that's what it is). I just can't find the other connector to actually plug it in.