Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Roots style blower question

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yanno OP,

The problem with the truck performance issue is you're pushing so much mass and weight that you lose the advantage you have with cars.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my truck for a Rolls Royce, I just am not sure the trucks are designed to withstand the pressure you want to exert.

It sounds like you may want to look into some 430 or 456 gears. Let me know if you need the RPO Codes.
Old October 15th, 2010, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, well I hope no one wants to hang me but...I went with the GMC instead of the Chevy.

Believe it or not I got a better price on the Sierra SLT than the Silverado LTZ. And the kicker is I ordered the Sierra with the 6.2 and 4 wheel disc brakes. And a 373 gear. The equiptment is why I went with it not the price. Although they wanted $300 more for the Silverado.

So I am going to do a mild exhaust change, cold air intake, and I am going to do a tune with my HPTuner. See how that feels and go from there.

I want to thank everyone for their help and responses. This is the most I have debated over a vehical EVER! All of you have been a huge help.
Old October 15th, 2010, 6:00 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by J Lambert
OK, well I hope no one wants to hang me but...I went with the GMC instead of the Chevy.

Believe it or not I got a better price on the Sierra SLT than the Silverado LTZ. And the kicker is I ordered the Sierra with the 6.2 and 4 wheel disc brakes. And a 373 gear. The equiptment is why I went with it not the price. Although they wanted $300 more for the Silverado.

So I am going to do a mild exhaust change, cold air intake, and I am going to do a tune with my HPTuner. See how that feels and go from there.

I want to thank everyone for their help and responses. This is the most I have debated over a vehical EVER! All of you have been a huge help.

CONGRATS !! J Lamber! I don't think anyone is going to care if you have a GMC or Chevy. Both are GM and they have just about the same parts.

Let me know how the upgrades go!!

Good luck

Ericd
Old October 16th, 2010, 2:47 AM
Super Moderator

I can't possibly state how important I feel 4-wheel disc brakes are. You did the right thing.

IMO, they should be required safety equipment on every vehicle.

Congratulations on your new truck. Let us know how things work out when you retrofit, and again, welcome to the family.
Old October 16th, 2010, 8:04 AM
CF Beginner

Eric and Wolf thank you!!! I did decide to go with a 410 instead of the 373. I will keep everyone posted as to how things go.
Old October 16th, 2010, 8:50 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, considering the dash you're looking for, I think you did the right thing.

I'd be surprised if you aren't happy with the hole-shot power from the start.
Old October 16th, 2010, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2004 2500hd with 6.0 gas and a magnuson super charger does really well,have 6in lift 35 tires gs milage sucks but is fun to blow fords off the road, you can get the compete system for $4300 comes with all you need
Old October 17th, 2010, 8:35 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Black! I'm on it right now. Price sounds good too.