Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Rough Country 7.5" for NBS

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2009, 6:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 7.5" for NBS

Hey there guys, months ago (under bad advice from a friend) I did a 2" front leveling kit on my 08 VMax and when I got the money together I bought my 33s on 20s and swapped the TPMS sensors and everything thinking I would be ready to go.. Well that was totally not the case!! The big'ol lugs on the Nitto MudGrapplers absolutely Grappled my fender wells in the rear. I trimmed and I trimmed and then I trimmed a little more.. Finally enough was enough and I put the stockers back on. I decided I'd go with the Rancho 4" and I started again to put together more friggin cash to do this but in the meantime I think I have decided to go higher.. Knowing the 33s will look puny for a while I don't care.. The next set will be 35s.

-breathe-

So the question is.. Does anyone have any insight into this Rough Country 7.5" kit? I've looked at Superlift and Skyjacker also. I really like the price of the Rough Country but am I gonna get what I pay for? The RC is NOT a one piece subframe like the Rancho. I will obviously get the support bars from the back subframe to the frame but is that enough?

Any suggestions on 6" or bigger lifts for NBS 1500 Silverados will be greatly appriciated!!

For those that don't know.. The truck has a 6.0L with CAI, a beefier version of the 4L60E known as a 4L70E and factory 4.10 limited slip.. I think I'm good in the basics department. After the lift and exhaust are done I will calling out to Justin at Black Bear for the custom tune so that is also not a worry!!

Thanks!!
Old June 17th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I can state that a friend of mine got a Skyjacker lift, and that's one really great system.

If the RC is a lot less money than the competitors, there's probably less parts included, or something.

I'd carefully check to be sure you're comparing apples to apples...
Old June 17th, 2009, 4:37 PM
CF Active Member

That's what's awful about the new trucks, you can barely put larger tires on them without them tearing up your fender wells. A 33" tire did that damage? You would think that they would make more room for bigger tires from the factory, like the older body styles. I could probably fit 35" Mud grapplers on my truck without any sort of clearance issues.

But, I'm glad you have plans for your truck and I'd be interested to see the results.
Old June 18th, 2009, 6:03 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the support guys!! It didn't any major damage, it just pulled up the plastic on both sides. It sounded like a card in the spokes on the way home from LA. Whatever.. it's all good.. I just wanna get a good and high kit! I think I've narrowed it down to the RC or the BDS 6". Actually the RC looks like a pretty good kit. I don't why the price is so good though.. It does make you think. I won't be doin' any hard muddin' though so any kit I go with will be just fine. She's mainly just a Snow Queen out here in Cali during the winter!!
Old June 18th, 2009, 9:48 AM
CF Active Member

If they use salt over there in Cali [I haven't been there in 12 years] then I'd recommend having your trucks underside painted with 'rubberized undercoating' to protect against the salt and prevent rust. Just a thought.

Another thought I found interesting; You're name is Matt B; so is mine, haha.

Good luck!