Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Rough running issues with 2004 5.3 vortec

Search this Thread

Old July 3rd, 2014, 4:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough running issues with 2004 5.3 vortec

Hi All,

First post and here is my question:

I have a 2004 5.3 vortec engine that was swapped into a Toyota Landcruiser..I won't go into too many details about the swap except to say all the factory wiring harness was used as well as trans harness. Only things deleted from the install was MAF sensor and downstream O2 sensors (no cats). I had a professional shop do the install and they really did do an excellent job and the truck ran like a top from the day I picked it up and for about 2mths (1500 miles) since.

My recent problem is that when cold starting the truck (overnight) the truck will rev high like normal for just a few seconds and then if you do not touch the pedal it just stumbles and almost dies but then picks right up and runs perfect the rest of the day. This all spans about 5-10 seconds tops. I have read tons of posts about rough idles and such on cold startup etc and still have not found a solution.

I have replaced the following parts trying to correct..intake manifold gaskets (green updated ones) and then again with metal FelPro ones, MAP sensor, cleaned throttle body, I have good 60psi fuel pressure at the rail and have visually checked all vacuum lines for leaks (no smoke test yet) Any ideas what my problem may be? Also with scanner connected no codes, misfires etc are reported.

Brian
Old July 8th, 2014, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one has even a wild guess? wow.

Brian