Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Smooth Ride ???

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2010, 1:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smooth Ride ???

so my truck is nearing 10 years of age .. I really feel like it needs a new suspension .. I've replaced all 4 shocks a while back but I dont feel very comfortable with them .. the only modification I've done is use 2" drop shackles in back .. everything else is stock .. how can I go about or start looking for a smoother ride ?? (please help!!!!) O and I'm trying to save a few bucks sooooo .....
Old June 8th, 2010, 10:30 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ride quality is dependent on alot of factors. shock quality, spring condition, wheel and tire size, weight of vehicle. there are great shocks on the market that can improve ride immensely, however at a price. bilsteins are a pretty common choice, konig coil over style shocks, rancho makes shocks that can be dialed in. as stated, tire and wheel size makes a huge difference as well. running stock 16" wheels with stock size tires will typically offer a smoother ride, with the rubber from tire providing some absorption. running 22" with seriously low profile tires will make things rougher. keep in mind too that you have a full size truck, with truck suspension and that there is only so much you'll be able to do to get a smoother ride.