Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

spark plug

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2009, 3:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default spark plug

what is the best spark plug for chevys? i use bosch but just wondering what you guys use
Old April 22nd, 2009, 7:10 AM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bosch is the absolute worst plug ever unless you are putting it in a european car. For some reason Autozone pushes those pieces of shi..... You should use the AC delco stock plug
The following users liked this post:
mommafrica (August 21st, 2023)
Old April 22nd, 2009, 8:04 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I can't speak to the Bosch plugs,
but I 100% agree with MDTAHOE, stick with the AC Delco, unless you are going to replace your entire ignition system with matched components like MSD Ignition, buying anything other then stock isn't going to get you any performance gains, regular maintenance, checking gap every 20K or so and keeping your system matched coil to plug is your best bet.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I replaced the AC Delco highly touted "100,000" mile Iridium plugs at 57K, good thing too, they were getting ready to self-destruct.

I used AC Delco for replacements; but I will be following this thread with interest.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always use AC Delco's The heat range is where the factory wants it to be. Other brands are different.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 7:18 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Bosch platnium 2's and never had a problem. But I have learned my lesson that pretty plugs dont always mean pretty performance.I have done alot of reading on plugs lately and I will be switching back to the AC Delco Iridium's next round.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 8:32 PM
Super Moderator

sounds like im gonna go pick up some ac delcos tonight!!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine are some NGK iridium thingy whatever they are called kind. They have a small electrode on them for a more concentrated spark. They can't be gapped because it might break that small point off (that's what the box even says). I've used them for about 8k so far. No problems. My dad still has the originals in his truck. It has 136k. My stepmom's camry has the original bosch +2 kind in it. It has 200k. She also changes the oil (conventional type) every 10k. She's the original owner of the car and only had a timing belt come apart at 120k. It happened at a bad location, in the middle of rush hour traffic. Luckily my blazer was ready to tow it home. Ha. Chevy wins!!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

yeah i heard to use eveything acdelco on chevys as
Old April 23rd, 2009, 4:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I wouldn't say "everything" . I'm using a lot of aftermarket stuff on my truck, it's cheaper than O.E.M. AND better.

I'm personally waiting for HALO to start making plugs for my truck, and a decent MSD ignition sure wouldn't hurt my feelings.

For what you pay for an AC DELCO Battery, you could buy an Interstate. Not much choice there.

Quick Reply: spark plug