Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers

For my next challenge, my driver side front speaker is blown, I was thinking about replacing myself but after figuring out how to remove the door panel I couldn't figure out how to remove speaker, has anyone accomplished this task or would I be better off seeing a professional. I went to Best Buy and they told me I needed an amp, new receiver the whole ten yards, sheesh I just want a speaker.
Old July 19th, 2007, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speakers

There is no reason for u to get an amp if ur replacing a stock speaker. the spaeker should be ethier slid in and has clips to hold it in place or there is a couple of bolts in it all u need to do is find the designated size i think it is like a 6x9 or so just go to ur local wal-mart and get a box of two if u replace one u should replace the other it will sound better and get some butt splices, cut the existing wires as close to the old speaker as possible the strip them and splice them and put it in how it came out. i put pioneer speakers in mine and they sound good

~REDNECK 4 LIFE~
Old July 19th, 2007, 5:17 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Speakers

The door speakers in Silverado's have been 6.5" round units for years.

Most of them use a single hex head screw to retain the lower portion of the speaker and a spring clip at the top, once this screw is removed the upper portion is just unsnaps, it is very simple.

Make sure to replace both speakers with a pair of very efficient (co-axial) 4ohm or even one of JBL's new 2ohm speakers and then you should be OK with factory power (unless you're a real head-banger).