Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 3:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:
Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Spray-in-bedliner

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2008, 10:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spray-in-bedliner

I've had a truck in the past with a slide in liner and it didn't look very good when we lifted it. I couldn't remove it without having things fall through the bed deck. The bed was pretty rusted out at that point.

If your going to replace it every couple of years or take it out at least once a year to clean and wax under it, which most people don't, it'll eventually rub the top coat off and allow rust to start. Replacing it every couple of years wouldn't be cost effective and for the amount you pay to replace it that often, you might as well have done the spray on liner. It's also cheaper when you touch it up if needed.
Old September 14th, 2008, 9:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd take even a crappy spray-in over a slide in ANY day. My last pick-up had a slide-in, it caused more problems than it solved. At exactly what point would you decide you don't want a spray-in liner anymore? 4 years pounding the tar out of my spray-in liner, and if you wipe it down, it looks like new.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 12:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: fromdodge2chevy

ORIGINAL: stchman

ORIGINAL: fromdodge2chevy

stchman, you say they have to take the paint and galvanizing off the bed to spray in a liner? bull, they simply scuff up the paint. and not the entire paint. i have had 4 trucks with spray in bed liners and they were all done this way. no problems with any of them. a slide in liner, now that will f up a bed big time. rocks, dirt, sand, water and anything else can and will get under a slide in liner. over time that messes up a bed big time. but they are way cheaper. ya get what ya pay for.
Bull, I have had MANY a truck with a slide in bedliner. As long as you get a high quality bedliner from a reputable manufacturer with excellent fit no problems. My last truck with a slide in bedliner I removed it after 5 years to clean it. Guess what? The paint under the liner was still in excellent condition and I hauled lots of stuff. My Explorer Sport Trac had an all composite bed and it was AWESOME. I wish all manufacturers did this.

My thing is with a spray in is if you don't like it, you are stuck with it. A slide in can be removed and replaced very easily.

Here is a look at what they do when they "prep" your bed for spray in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VQPI...eature=related
5 years without removing it and the paint was in excellent shape? BULL, just the vibration from driving down a road will rub the paint, and thats without hauling anything. i've had both, slide in liners are crap. you get what you pay for.
I have to agree that slide-in's are bad for the bed. I had a '89, which I sold in '98. It had a slide-in that I took out a couple of times to clean out. The liner rubbed my bed bare. It looked like junk. The truck I have now is a '98 and has only had a rubber bed mat. The sides, etc. that are exposed are scratched, but still look better than my old '89 did. On top of that, the plastic slide-in scratched and gouged easily, so it still looked poor. For something that was supposed to A) Protect the bed and B) Enhance the look, it did neither. I'm looking at spray-in liners now for my '98.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 9:10 AM
CF Junior Member

I think the drop in liner is getting a bad rap. I had one in my dodge for 5 years and the bed was fine. My son has one in his 96 chevy its been there since new and it is just fine too.
Old July 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
CF Beginner

Smile spray on bedliner

<o></o> I used Qwikliner spray on bedliner .Qwikliner available in 8 standard colors and a variety of 100’s more.Qwikliner the high UV stable spray on bedliner system.<o></o>
Old August 18th, 2009, 4:45 AM
CF Beginner

Smile spray on bedliner

Recently I have applied Qwikliner and it looks awesome. QWIK LINER Spray-On bedliner is industry proven to provide your truck bed with anti skid, permanent abrasion-resistant protection.