Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Stereo problem/questions...

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2011, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo problem/questions...

My cd player got the cd stuck in it and I had to pry it out. Now it won't accept any cd's so I'm thinking it may have bit the dust. My question is what is the cheapest options available to me to replace it? I have the controls on the steering wheel and would LOVE to keep them functional, but I've been told that is going to cost me a good amount to do that. Any advice from people in the "know" would be very appreciated.

I was also wondering if a pair of 6.5" Sony Xplod speakers (XS-E1611) would be better than the stock ones in the front doors. I've had them for a LONG time but they are brand new and still sitting in the box.
Old March 30th, 2011, 8:36 AM
CF Beginner

Bump...
Old March 30th, 2011, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

I have nice used JVC 12 disc CD changer that works good with factory systems, just tune your radio to the correct channel and play away, then you can keep your factory steering wheel controls, onstar, satalite radio ect.
I can do $75+actual shipping O.B.O, my email is ysabraham@yahoo.com

And for your front factory speakers, usually the fronts seem to be of decent quilty, are they Bose?
Old March 30th, 2011, 10:21 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by cameo89
I have nice used JVC 12 disc CD changer that works good with factory systems, just tune your radio to the correct channel and play away, then you can keep your factory steering wheel controls, onstar, satalite radio ect.
I can do $75+actual shipping O.B.O, my email is ysabraham@yahoo.com

And for your front factory speakers, usually the fronts seem to be of decent quilty, are they Bose?
What model is that cd changer? I'm pretty open right now to ideas, although I'd love to be able to plug my Ipod up, but I don't know if I can justify paying for a head unit capable of an mp3 player connection, and the ability to retain my steering wheel controls.

Yes, the speakers are the Bose ones. I never actually noticed it. I had to walk out to my truck and look just then when you asked me.
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

Bump again...surely someone has had this issue before and has some advice for me...