Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Stubborn 2500HD with some wacky issues

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2015, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stubborn 2500HD with some wacky issues

Recently I decided to not clear all the snow off my windshield, resulting in my wipers breaking. I did some investigating, turns out the wiper transmission hooks to the wipers VIA a bolt, and a rubber bushing to hold it on. I popped the side off the bushing. My question is do they sell the bushing and I just fail at searching? Can't seem to find it anywhere, and I certainly don't want to drop $135 for a whole new assembly. My second question is my blower stopped working. Not over night. Slowly, it started to only work on high. Just recently it stopped working all together, I know Chevys are keen to the resistor dying under the dash, but it works sometiems when my truck first starts on high idle when its cold. It also used to make weird noises and it would switch between on and off. Some people that work in garages in my hometown have told me different things. A mechanic at the Chevy dealership said its prolly the switch and its finally dead. I know with the resistor it only works on high, and in this case it doesn't work at all. The last problem, which is minor in this aspect, is the blinkers work both front and back on both sides, but recently the clicking stopped. What does that mean? Time for new bulbs? Or is the fuse going?
Its an 08 Chevy 2500HD with a 6.0 Vortec Gasjob.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Yours truely,
Justin
Old January 24th, 2015, 9:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might be able to test the blower motor by hooking it up to power and see if it works. As far as it just working on high, that is usually a resistor. I have an 05 and needed to replace the switch. If I were in your situation, I would first check the fan motor, if it works replace the resistor. then if still not then the switch. Assuming of course you have checked all fuses and relays. As far as the clicking, I think you can buy blinker controllers that have louder or quieter clicking. Sorry cant help with the wiper question. hope this helps.