Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Suspension Opinions wanted!

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Opinions wanted!

So I would like to pose a question for you all to chime in on. Currently I drive on dirt roads to and from the rig I work on. Fun part is that they are graded about once a month, maybe. But they see traffic like a typical highway. This means hundreds of potholes and rough spots!! The potholes are only about 2"-3" deep and like 6"-8" around. Just enough to bounce the truck a bit when hit at any speeds higher than 20mph. Since I have to drive 45 miles each way I would like to find a way to at least average 45mph. I talked to one guy he said new shocks. I think it would take more than that but I may be wrong. Another said an entire air bag system for all four wheels. I would like to hear from you. What have you found to work best? Currently my truck is not lifted but I am prepared to invest into the suspension in order to save the jarring on the rest of the truck. Thanks in advance for you opinions/debate! Have a good one!
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good shocks help a lot...good tires will help too
Old June 24th, 2011, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
You are drive on dirt road so your suspension will problem in future so you will use 4x4 suspension ther are good and they have 40 years experience in the 4WD industry, Macquarie 4x4 Centre is the leading supplier of 4WD accessories.

Good Luck!

4x4 suspension