Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Switching to Synthetic

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2016 | 8:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Nope. Kum and Go in my area isn't top tier, just the lowest price for E85 when I use it. Neither is Casey's, Murphy's, Hy Vee, Love's truck stop, or the farmer's Coop Cenex gas station. No, my grandfather didn't have a 74 Pontiac. This grandfather did. that was after my 1966 Chevy C10 pickup with a 283 and 1972 Chevy Nova with a 307 previously. I guess I could do a 45 mile round trip to the nearest Phillips 66 just to get top tier. No thanks. Burn up 3 gallons of fuel just to make a trip to get something that I don't see as essential. Not hardly. A bottle of techron occasionally will suffice just fine.

You sound like you are the one with limited exposure to such things. I lived thru the entire Arab oil embargo and the gas lines and was in the military during all of it. Actually almost all every full year of the 70's. Remember a little dust up called Viet Nam? It was in all the papers. You know... the war where more U.S. Marine casualties happened than in all of WW II? Most folks don't know that little bit of trivia. But those of us invited to that little party do, and will never forget. I was working on cars and our farm equipment as a young boy in the early 60's.

Last edited by Cowpie; January 17th, 2016 at 3:17 PM.