Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Tightening torshen bars bad or good?

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2021 | 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default 1998 Chevy Silverado with 6 inch fab tec lift and 3 inch body lift

Hi I have a 1998 Chevy 1500 Silverado 4 by 4 has 6 .5 turbo diesel it has a 6 inch fabtec lift complete with 3 inch body lift question is all my angles are pretty wacked out it looks like all the fabtec parts were used it comes complete my sway bar links and Axel's seem to have bad angles we were told by a company where we live the the torsion bar or what ever they call it might be to tight the truck hits hard I mean I had a Dodge with a Rancho lift 10 inch with 40 inch mudders and its ride was a catalac to this it just bangs hard I mean hard just wondering if it is turned up to hi could it be cause of my bad angles on Axel's and sway bar and links just from what fabtec said that there kit comes with all parts spindles everything to make front end good looks like it's all there the spindles look like fabtec even longer brake lines are on from kit but like I said someone said the torsion bar if tightened to much could be cause of rough ride and angles said if turned down would drop angles a half inch to an inch just wondering what anyone has to say about that thsnks
Old January 9th, 2021 | 7:54 PM
Super Moderator

if the t-bars are turned up to high you reduce suspension travel and they hit the bump stop= harsh ride. if you turn them down it would help, but you need a wheel alignment to correct the toe setting that occurs with a ride height change.