Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Trans Slip or normal chevy

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2014, 10:27 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OKay, gotcha,

If this were my truck, I would replace all the accululator pistons and seals. They wobble out over time and get to leaking by past their respective axles. Especially so, since they are now made of plastic.

When this happens, it creats a time "lag" effect before the next gear applies. OR you can simply live with the hesitation.

Allan
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 96 chevy truck i had was doing the same thing so after having the trans rebuilt it still kind of slipped. so the trans shop ask about the exhaust and how it was, by placing your hand over the tail pipe. well i had allm most no pressure at all at the tail pipe. come to find out the cat was plug badly which is why the trans was slipping. plus after i end up having the cat repaired the truck started to burn oil bad so i traded it off on this nightmare i have now. and then found out my 96 the engine pop and the person who got it had to have the engine rebuilt.

if you check the pressure and temp of the exhaust at the tail pipe and there is little to no pressure and what does come out is very hot, its the cat that is plug. well for me that is what made my trans slip even at no throttle pressure
The following users liked this post:
C. Kelley (August 31st, 2023)