Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

transmission and cruise control

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2011, 7:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission and cruise control

I have a 2007 silverado ltd 5.3. I've been having problems with my cruise control. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I also have a problem with my transmission. Occasionally I will leave from a stop and the transmission doesn't not want to shift out of 1st gear. The rpms climb but the speedometer stays at 0. I pull off on the side of the road and let it settle back down, take off, and it shift and works fine. I contacted onstar for an on demand diagnostics and they told me there was a code thrown about the brake switch circuit. I have read a lot that problems with cruise control is the brake light switch which I have replaced and it did not fix anything. Onsatr said the tranny and cruise could be cause by the same thing. Any ideas on fixes or what could fix these problems.
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Have you contacted the dealership yet? I would recommend talking to them. They will be able to diagnose and repair the issue for you. Keep us updated!
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you but this issue has been ongoing since before the warranty was out. It sat at the dealership for a month and they continued to tell me they could find nothing wrong. They said they would put it in the system that it was brought in under warranty so that if I brought it back it should be fixed under warranty. I called onstar and they told me there were codes thrown and what might could fix it the best they could over the phone. I took it to a different dealership, and the previous dealership never put the issue into the system. This time they kept my truck for three weeks and again I was told they couldnt duplicate the problem. Now how can onstar tell me over the phone yet the dealership can't find anything. They don't want to help and could care less.